Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

budoboy

Car Sorted Out. New N/a Pb - 9.01@147Mph

31 posts in this topic
Big thank you to Jason Hensley for flying out and helping me sort out my car this weekend.  He was a huge help and now the car runs 1.22-1.25 60' times all day long with 6000 rpm stall and independent rear suspension.

We first hit Sacramento Raceway Friday and the conditions weren't great.  We pretty much spun all night long.  The guy in charge said we'd be lucky if we made a partial pass considering our power and small tires.  Jason made quick friends with this guy and his wife, who happened to be a fitness model.

Saturday we hit Sonoma Raceway.  Jason knew what a handful the car could be so he started out conservative.  Our first pass was a 9.17@142 MPH.  Jason turned up the heat gradually by shaving down the launch retard each pass and making small shock adjustments.  Pretty soon we were at 9.07@145 MPH.  We made about 5 passes that day and every one of them hooked.  I think we had a 1.23 60' on one pass.

On Sunday Jason was determined to get after an 8-second pass.  There was still plenty of timing retard to take out but Jason was doing things step by step.  Our first pas was a 9.06 and 146 MPH.  3 runs later (hooking each time) we were at 9.01@ almost 148MPH!   It was funny because we were trying to get every little advantage at this point so I pulled the air cleaner and it really picked up the MPH.

It started heating up pretty good and we were sure the next pass would spin because the track temp was over 110 degrees now and DA was about 1300'.  We ran another 9.01 at almost 148MPH!  Damn!  So close.  Best 60' on that pass - 1.220

Well I have no doubt this is an 8-second motor, just need to get the car to run the number.  Still have plenty of launch retard to take out if I find a great track and in better DA this car has an easy 8-second pass in it without making a bunch of drastic changes (enemas, cutting off body parts, taping off hood seams, folding mirrors, etc)

I love how consistent the car is now and after I run my number I may look for a class to run locally.  I wasn't even trying and my reaction times were pretty good.

14068188 10154057472226888 4799361285196626659 N

14067575 10208386491954715 1031883075510694151 N

Amazing runs!

Well. . . if you are looking for a great track with better DA, guess that means the Red Baron is coming back to the east coast . . lol.

Well there are three things i will never get to do. 1.22 60' &

Pics.... What pics.

Funny thing is its for the same reason i have no desire to spend that kind of money or lose that much weight :)

Well there are three things i will never get to do. 1.22 60' &

Funny thing is its for the same reason i have no desire to spend that kind of money or lose that much weight :)

Hilarious!!

Wow! Congrats Jeff nice see your car working and you having some fun with it. Oh, not to bad for a red neck like Jason lol

He knows what he's doing and the chicks dig him :-)

I'm not only amazed at how cool the Red Baron is, but it's crazy how consistently it's running.

With the same cool down procedure,  it dead hooking every time and with an electric shifter it is within a 1/10th every time