Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

slide

Bfny Install's Hc/sp Diff. And Rear Cradle Assembly In My '07 Magnum!

66 posts in this topic

Nice what are the limits of the HC rear?

That's a good question, We have all heard HC diffs. holding up at 900+hp in very heavy Hellcats. If someone is doing upgrade and running that much power at the track often it's a judgement call which route to go, The nine inch kits may make more sense then.

Getting a wrecked hellcat is a while lot cheaper than a new 9" setup...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Very true, A lot of HC's getting wrecked too. Almost everybody is going to want a Scat Pack diff. though for the better gear ratios, not the HC 2.62 anyway.

So how do you get this with a 3.90 ratio?  Where do you look and is there a P/N (s) to just get it straight from a Mopar dealer?

You could try to locate a wrecked '15 and later manual car if it has the 3.90 or call Andy at ECM and ask him what all is needed: Cradle,diff. axles, hubs, bolts, Mine needed lower control arms, ect.

So where do I get this setup?  Anyone got a parts list?

I did some cross checking and "guessing" at parts, and looks like a cradle, 3.90 diff, axles (assume my DSS won't fit?), and some links run about $3500, but no idea if I included all I need for the swap.

I can get a DS made no problem.

So how do you get this with a 3.90 ratio?  Where do you look and is there a P/N (s) to just get it straight from a Mopar dealer?

I dunno Speedy.  Guess you gotta get off your lazy ass and figure it out!

I hate to call AJ or Erik and waste their time until I know what I'm doing lol

I'm hearing that the rear diff and cradle are the same in the Scat Pack, SRT, and Hellcat 6 speeds.  One thought was that the Hellcat 6 speed diff "might" have some additional reinforcement, but that wasn't confirmed, just suggested. 

I did some online parts catalog checking, and the part numbers for the cradle and diff are different, however I did find articles indicating the Scat Pack and SRT did at least get the additional mounting point for the diff for stability and durability during drag strip launches.

So far I've found you need (edited to add more parts based on comments below)

Cradle

Differential

Rubber bushings for front of diff mount (x 4)

Axles

Driver and passenger hubs

Exhaust hangers

Front and rear mount bolts (not sure if this is for the cradle or the diff??)

Spring Links

Drive Shaft (likely custom made, or one from measurements that DSS has used).

I'm not sure on bolts.

Interesting.  So I guess I need a diff from a M6 SRT or SP and not a HC if I want 3.90?

It also appears the rear cradle for the Challenger P/N has been discontinued.  I can only find one active for the Charger and it shows for both 6.2 and 6.4.

Speedy, I broke my diff and axle at vmp back in may. 15 scat 6sp. Might have had some wheel hop on the launch...lol. Not sure how strong they are just know I destroyed one already.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk