Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

slide

Bfny Install's Hc/sp Diff. And Rear Cradle Assembly In My '07 Magnum!

66 posts in this topic

Speedy, I broke my diff and axle at vmp back in may. 15 scat 6sp. Might have had some wheel hop on the launch...lol. Not sure how strong they are just know I destroyed one already.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well crap. Still stronger than my Getrag and somehow it has survived 6 years. Shocks me honestly.

What failed on yours?

The diff was gone and I think it was the left axle that snapped off in it. I was a little excited at the start. Rpms might have been a tad high lol. Wanted to put a 9" in it but I'll have to save some cash over the winter for that. Replaced with OEM axle and diff for about 1300 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info Shel.  Maybe the setup needs the DSS axles to be strong enough for us 6 speed retards.

I got a parts list from Andy at ECMP so now I know what I need.  He included both the SRT and Hellcat subframes, different part numbers and for some strange reason the HC subframe is $500 more (Hellcat tax?).  Anyway he says everyone uses the less expensive SRT sub frame for this.

Thanks for the info Shel.  Maybe the setup needs the DSS axles to be strong enough for us 6 speed retards.

I got a parts list from Andy at ECMP so now I know what I need.  He included both the SRT and Hellcat subframes, different part numbers and for some strange reason the HC subframe is $500 more (Hellcat tax?).  Anyway he says everyone uses the less expensive SRT sub frame for this.

I've got a Hellcat subframe, but my parts came out of a donor car.

Not really all that much more for new parts as of today.  Once Dodge figures out what people are doing I'm sure they'll jack the prices though like the did on the 392 cams at one point.

i am trying to find a SP 3.90 car to utilize for this, not trying to buy new just yet

winter project along with a cam for ya Erik :D

There's a 390 diff for sale on lx forums for 600$

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk