Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RAUGE

3.70 Diff From Hellcat

67 posts in this topic

Funny most Hellcat guys are switching from the 3.70 to the 3.09

I haven't seen that, although maybe someone can shed some light on why they would.

Many of us are swapping the 2.62 for the 3.09's, and that's working pretty well if you can get it to hook.

The Scat Pack guys with the A8's are doing the 3.90 swap as it puts them just about right going through the lights, both in the 1/8th and the 1/4.

The 3.70 mathematically just doesn't make sense for the Scat Pack A8.

I'd like to drive one with a 3.90 before I'd make the swap though.

I haven't seen that, although maybe someone can shed some light on why they would.

Many of us are swapping the 2.62 for the 3.09's, and that's working pretty well if you can get it to hook.

The Scat Pack guys with the A8's are doing the 3.90 swap as it puts them just about right going through the lights, both in the 1/8th and the 1/4.

The 3.70 mathematically just doesn't make sense for the Scat Pack A8.

I'd like to drive one with a 3.90 before I'd make the swap though.

My Bad I wasn't thinking yes 2.62 to 3.09.......my thought was that they were switching to 3.09 and with a A8 the 3.70 or 3.90 would be so extreme 1sr gear would be almost nonexistent

So if I changed my Hellcat from its current 2.62 to a 3.09 what may or may not happen to my times from the couch to the refrigerator only to find there's no Budlight left and I'm  stuck drinking Flat Tire which is better than having flat on my Hellcat on a dark country road in the middle of no where  Apps and J.B. arrive with the wrong size tire cause they don't know shit about parts but they did have Budlight left in a cooler from HarryBallz last trip to a race track .

Thanks in advance for your positive responses .....E

Or lack thereof. I believe BigAlG tried it with his Hellcat and they found limp mode pretty quick. If I remember right they had a 3.42 working or that might have been the limit.

Who put a 3.90 in a scat pack? never saw it. People put 3.91's in Nag1 Scat Pack because there is the ability to change the ratio on an 05 to 14 with a Nag.

The a8 does not care what the rear end ratio is due to the way it gets its speed sensor signal, Speed Logics sell mopar rear diffs for 15 and up Challengers so I called them and spoke to one of their techs and he told me that. I  checked with a tech at a Dode dealership and he told me the same thing

The a8 does not care what the rear end ratio is due to the way it gets its speed sensor signal, Speed Logics sell mopar rear diffs for 15 and up Challengers so I called them and spoke to one of their techs and he told me that. I checked with a tech at a Dode dealership and he told me the same thing

actually it does. You can only go a little and then limp mode.

you trust speed logidix?

lol lol lol

Wouldn't a 3.90 in the ZF make 1st gear just about useless?

It's a 4.90+ 1st gear Isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll be fine, just run a 33" tall tire and all will be right with the world. :P