Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
otogi40

Forging My Drango - "the D Is Silent Mutha#\'(÷="

Figured I'd share my info on my build. Forging out a 5.7 to replace my stock 5.7. Basically wanted to lean out the AFR and run 12lbs boost. 2012 Dodge Durango RT.

Currently my mods are:

2.9l Whipple, Whipple intercooler, Whipple IC reservoir, Whipple heat exchanger,

63lb injectors,

180 degree theromostat

MSD BOOST-A-PUMP,

FastDan throttlebody,

AIS water/methanol dual nozzle w/ 3 gallon tank,

AEM Progressive H2O/Meth controller,

Snow Performance solenoid,

ARH 1 3/4" Headers w/ highflow cats,

Flowmaster 3" American Thunder Dual Exhaust,

auxiliary 5 x 20 trans oil cooler,

full size auxiliary battery,

Stinger battery seperator,

MTX-L AFR gauge, AutoMeter boost gauge,

Diablo Trinity tunner,

HEMIFEVER tune.

With the forged build I'm adding:

MMP Drop in 5.7 pistons and rods kit

MMP Forged 6.1 crank

MMP Supercharger Camshaft

MMP vlv spring kit

MMP Cam Phaser Kit

Cometic 5 layer head gaskets

Cometic exhaust gaskets

MMP 10QT oil pan

Ported and polished heads

Hy-Tech Johnson racing lifters

Upgraded flexplate

SuperStreet Stage 2 vlv body

Edge 2800 stall torque converter

Currently talking with local trans shop about forging my 645RFE

Aeromotive Phantom 340 Fuel pump system

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Dude that rocks, should be one fun ride when it's done. I'd like to make one suggestion though, ditch the boost a pump and get a real system. All that work and not having a reliable system just doesn't make sense at all.

I'll send some pics as soon as I can figure out this upload madness.

Dude that rocks, should be one fun ride when it's done. I'd like to make one suggestion though, ditch the boost a pump and get a real system. All that work and not having a reliable system just doesn't make sense at all.

Yeah I'm working on it. No one makes Drop in fuel system upgrades for the D. I'm pretty much redesigning my own. First I have to settle on return vs returnless or keep the oem returnless system and pipe in the Aeromotive as a return system with separate regulator.

I think I got pics figured out. Probably not.4a6829638e66c13e5fe4ecd175e5aa81.jpga54127e97d8ce1bd2ddbe2a03cf1ae4d.jpg3d5b6ce187923077f49698064d393f9a.jpg

Yeah! Now we're cooking with gas!

More pics37c8932a2d8b9147ebfc4cd2c525a021.jpg386ddd7421cc02137ede33be50542984.jpg88a58a95605bc7cd002ad764c8e3d20c.jpgb5fe75ea8b9c0387688d8b3fadb7298e.jpg

More picsfec616b5e683a5583e93b62c25a93b91.jpg7a6ecda6f18f32fac5aa88047302db9f.jpg2ba84b06f19da33faaf3683edd402b6c.jpgb8a0ac23bff447d53cdb967cc55c1b9c.jpg

By the way, found some good gouge on another post. Apparently when dodge performed the ECU fuel relay recall they completely cut the internal relay from the system. I'd been using that relay fuse spot via a add-a-fuse for my boost-a-pump for over a year! It's a completely dead fuse spot. I had no idea until reading that post two days ago. lol.

Figured I'd give an update. Motor installed and running. Tuning has been a nightmare. Decided to try a local tuner. He's looked at the email tunes and told me they are all wrong for the cam. Going to start tuning via wideband in January.

First I had the aeromotive phantom 340 wired into the pcm, cloning the OEM external relay. It worked fine. Brought the fuel pressure up to 65psi static. The tune had me so turned around i deleted that setup and went with the aeromotive digital fmu. It's designed to work with an inline auxiliary pump but I have it running my intank 340.

Running an old tune at the moment. Fuel trims are all jacked up. -33 on the pass. side and -22 on the driver bank.

Pulling hard enough to break traction on my AWD even without a tune. Went fishtailing across the street. lol. A monster is born!!! Haaaaaa!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk