Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

OsO

If You Want Free Stuff

27 posts in this topic

lol

A few years back I tried giving away a bunch of stuff on LXF. All I asked was to cover my shipping costs, that's it not a dime more. A lot of the stuff I had was fluid bottles so the boxes where big and shipping was maybe $30. I kept getting responses like that's too much, I'll pay you $20 shipped. I tossed everything in the fucking trash and stopped selling anything.

lol

A few years back I tried giving away a bunch of stuff on LXF. All I asked was to cover my shipping costs, that's it not a dime more. A lot of the stuff I had was fluid bottles so the boxes where big and shipping was maybe $30. I kept getting responses like that's too much, I'll pay you $20 shipped. I tossed everything in the fucking trash and stopped selling anything.

Yup...that's the kinda shit that chaps my ass. I HATE dealing with people like that. I don't blame ya one bit....screw that. Too many folks out there feeling entitled these days. lol

some people are crap to deal with, but some of us are have no problem paying when we know we are getting a deal. OSO, thought we had a deal worked out for ported apache heads and valve covers but then you never messaged me back to let me know when they were ready, just sayin. so I gave my money to Erik @BFNY.

I am on board for sure. I am not sure why, but I negotiate all fucking day for work, when it comes to car parts, I just usually pay the asking price and be done with it. I get pissed when others try to negotiate with me, my parts are usually priced to sell.

You want to see cheap ass people.... Just look at the class A RV folks I deal with. They buy a $200,000 RV then piss and moan about $55 for a fuel filter adapter that will allow then to buy a $10 fuel filter at any auto parts store or even Wal Mart. They will save the old for a spare instead of buying one from me for $7! Are you fucking kidding me.  

Then we have the Canadians ... Some will ask me to fudge the cost or send as a gift so they don't get nailed at customs. No way... Just what i need customs or the IRS breathing down my neck especially when I use to be their Tech Support guy when I worked for Dell.

some people are crap to deal with, but some of us are have no problem paying when we know we are getting a deal. OSO, thought we had a deal worked out for ported apache heads and valve covers but then you never messaged me back to let me know when they were ready, just sayin. so I gave my money to Erik @BFNY.

You made a good decision I just got the engine apart and found the heads had issues posted vid in other thread .

lol

i throw most of it away even put a few 5.7 blocks on the corner for scrap lol

lol you must be getting the same lame lowball will you take XXX for it ohh and I want free tech advice that I am :) Feel like asking would you like me to install that for free also ??
To the point that flat out I dont even respond to super low offers 

you wanna see cheap asses. ?

deal with an indian.....

I used to party with some dudes from the reservation. Those mutha fuckers could roll a pinner like nobodies business, I swear all you could taste was paper. :(

I used to party with some dudes from the reservation. Those mutha fuckers could roll a pinner like nobodies business, I swear all you could taste was paper. :(

Omg!!! lol!!! Love it!!!

You want to see cheap ass people.... Just look at the class A RV folks I deal with. They buy a $200,000 RV then piss and moan about $55 for a fuel filter adapter that will allow then to buy a $10 fuel filter at any auto parts store or even Wal Mart. They will save the old for a spare instead of buying one from me for $7! Are you fucking kidding me.  

Then we have the Canadians ... Some will ask me to fudge the cost or send as a gift so they don't get nailed at customs. No way... Just what i need customs or the IRS breathing down my neck especially when I use to be their Tech Support guy when I worked for Dell.

Really?  Just because you have a few people try to pay less duty dont count that as the way the whole country is.  I do a lot of mail order from Canada to the US and I get the exact same requests.  There are going to be people trying to save a buck no matter what country they are from.  You almost cant blame them the way things are these days.  By the time your done paying all the bills there is no money left over for hobbies.

Save a buck at my expense... No way. Its obvious you have never had to deal with State Sales Tax, the IRS or US Customs as a business owner. They could give a shit less if the customer wanted save few bucks on customs... You broke the law so it you who pays the fine or goes to jail. I am sure you would step to the plate and pay my fine and take full responsibility. lmao

Sent Via Tapatalk