Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lowwlife

Pulling Dash For Rollcage Install

104 posts in this topic

The aerodynamics are going to be a real issue with these cars. Besides the fact that the nose is shaped like a brick, I understand the front end gets squirrely above 185 mph from a speed shop that had one up there.

You give anymore thought to that nose, Karl? I've got an idea if you really want to make a run to 200mph and don't get there with what we're running now lol

HemiSam

BJ is working on an airdam sam, any help would be great bro. The car holding together at those high speeds is going to be the problem. The car felt very stable running 184MPH so i'm looking forward to see the handling difference at higher speeds :) Sam, was that car lowered? A couple of bonneville guys are helping me with the car, once we get those rear upper adjustable control arm bars in the car will be lowered more to cut wind.

Nice, Karl. Good to have some expertise on high speed handling.

Yeah the car was lowered....big blower car, but I'm not sure how low and how good the suspension setup was.

Hopefully what you have cooking will get you where you want to go, but if not, I got an idea that I think might could be a good one. You might think I'm crazy, but I think it could be really good if you get serious about the 200 mph and don't get there with what you got planned. I'll drop you an e-mail if I can find a pic.

HemiSam

Nice, Karl. Good to have some expertise on high speed handling.

Yeah the car was lowered....big blower car, but I'm not sure how low and how good the suspension setup was.

Hopefully what you have cooking will get you where you want to go, but if not, I got an idea that I think might could be a good one. You might think I'm crazy, but I think it could be really good if you get serious about the 200 mph and don't get there with what you got planned. I'll drop you an e-mail if I can find a pic.

HemiSam

What car are you talking about sam? Was it a challenger? I'll check my email for that info B)

I think they'll see the one piece. I called them but it's been a while. I was looking for options for you back when you had the air damn, compromised nose cone issue...

HemiSam

Thanks for that info sam. Call me crazy but i'm hitting that number in stock form. A couple of mods will find it's way on the car like grill and headlight covers to cut down on the wind drag but not many more :)

16.2 doesn't sound like much until you look at the physics involved. That's pushing a huge wall of air. I think the N2O backup is a safe bet.

That's for sure. I was watching the Discovery Channel this weekend and they were doing a special on the Bugatti Veyron. They said that it takes about 280HP to get up to 150MPH, but another 700HP to get it up to 253MPH, its top speed.

How's this for gas mileage, if they ran it at top speed for 12 minutes, it would be out of gas!!

coping my post lol

Yea you of all guys lmao

Maybe we should trademark stuff. Speedy, can you put something on here so when anyone copies stuff they know it started here? :P

Good idea funny as shit to have that plastered all over on CT :D

Nope it's all there. He said if he had anything to add he would. I told him we could always use more pictures of him in his fire suit LMAO. I'm still laughing I crack my self up :P

I think he thinks it's funny he is using your stuff over there???

he probably thinks it bothers me. just shows how little he knows about everything, especially working on cars :P

I think that's exactly it also, trying to dig at you.

Pretty easy to just PS on a logo.

NOW you guys understand why I watermark everything I post. And you guys gave me grief about that at CF hahaha. That's exactly why...been there done that twice as a matter of fact. My car ended up on Ebay selling Eibach suspension parts and some doof stole a image of my motorcycle and posted it all over saying it was his.

Amazing how people get around and know who's who. Got e-mails alerting to both instances and I took care of it. Now everything is copyright and watermark without exception.