Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Renfrick1

Stalling After Racing

So the morning after racing at Vmp my car has been stalling. The idle rpm's surge. I have to use the gas pedal to keep it running. My trinity is broke so there's no logs. And I can't reload my tune till I get it back. It seems the transmission doesn't down shift thru the gears when I slow down and the up shifts are longer between shifts. Has anyone experienced this before. Vacuum leak ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That don't sound healthy Kevin. Do you have a catchcan? If so check it out and see if it's full. If it is pull your plugs and check them. If those are ok and all look the same then let's talk about the next step.

Also noticed that the pedal position goes to 0% on deceleration

Maybe a bad TPS sensor? I don't want to say it's tune cause I assume you had the same custom one on before with no problems.

Can you force it to down shift?

This STILL happening today?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes still having the same problem. It all started after hours on the hi way ( cruise control) when I get off the hiway at the bottom of the exit ramp it dies. Yes even in auto shift. Doesn't downshift like it should.

What's the big deal with not having a catch can. I get what it does but it's not crucial to them running

Just trying to eliminate the stupid shit first... What about the fuel? Gotten new fuel since this started??

What about reinstalling tune(this resetting any adaptive that took place during racing... If you used a higher octane fuel)

Like I said... Just trying to eliminate stupid shit before you start getting internal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Put the new map sensor in and did the same thing. Disconnected the battery for 10 mins and problem solved. Car runs great. But now my esp & bas & mr. Squiggly lights are on. Hopefully they'll cycle off. Just took it for 2 test drives and it seems to run great. No surging no stalling and is holding gears thru all rpm's

That good news bud. I'd suggest two things. Get it on a dyno and check your air fuels. For you to have picked up a half a second with the new CAI she might have leaned out some. The other being a catch can since the map was probably oil foiled. Real typical on KB cars as the placement sucks.

My tuner won't boot up so that's goin back ds this week. At the track I monitored af and it was 11.4@ 7/8 psi boost. I looked real good at the map sensor and it didn't seem oily but I'll work on a catch can. Can't hurt.

Still puzzled on the lights

My tuner won't boot up so that's goin back ds this week. At the track I monitored af and it was 11.4@ 7/8 psi boost. I looked real good at the map sensor and it didn't seem oily but I'll work on a catch can. Can't hurt.

Still puzzled on the lights

Kevin are you using an SD card in the trinity ? If not power cycle the trinity, install a SD card and see if anything changes. I & sean had similar issues two diff tuners couldnt figure out. Just for grins I poped an SD card in and wah la, all problems cured. Same thing for Sean.

Kevin are you using an SD card in the trinity ? If not power cycle the trinity, install a SD card and see if anything changes. I & sean had similar issues two diff tuners couldnt figure out. Just for grins I poped an SD card in and wah la, all problems cured. Same thing for Sean.

^^^^Truth.

Sent from my StarTac using Tapatalk

Well the lights cycled off

But I noticed the af was was at 15- hi 16 cruising (usually 14-15)and a quick wot I was 12.2.

( usually 11.2 )It's dropped 20 degrees outside since Vmp. It's now in the low 60's today. So that and the lmi I think I'll wait for the trinity and log for an winter tune from AJ. The bad thing is AJ has a new gig and is more swamped then ever before

No sd card in trinity but honestly I don't think it's that because I can twist it a certain way and it will boot but I don't trust this thing. I'm still sending it out. There's something wrong with the screen.

Oh the joys of being s/c