Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Yellow Jacket

First 6 Speed Challenger To Go 9's!

29 posts in this topic

Thanks Micah, Mike and OST for making my car go really fast!

Micah at the wheel for this pass:

1a4fb691e1a7a215d1abc6dbec8fd546.jpg

Can't wait to get it back so I can finally go 10's!

For those not familiar with our efforts, the build thread is here:

http://modernmoparforum.com/topic/17480-ost-dynos-1000whp-turbo-challenger-build/?p=447477

Cliff Notes version:

HRH-built 426 engine, with Borg-Warner 88 mm turbo mounted in the rear

McCleod clutch, with custom flywheel

RPM Level 7 transmission

DSS driveshaft and 9" diff/rear end

15" rear brake conversion

Stock suspension, with Micah's own proprietary "Anti-Hop Plates"

Now thats kickin ass rowing gears. I'm real curious to see how long the tremec stands this much abuse.

We are too. However there are about a dozen or more passes on this transmission and we have yet to encounter any issue. Hats off to RPM Transmissions for the stout unit!

Dang, did it!  Nice work guys.  I reckon that'll stand as a 6 speed record for some time.  I wonder what's different on this RPM trans?  Seems to be holding up so far.

Thanks, Speedy! Hopefully it will. We'd love to see what this car could do with a better 60' and decent DA (this pass was made in 2800 DA). 

Nothing special about the transmission, just a shelf Level 7 unit and some crossed fingers.

Thanks, Speedy! Hopefully it will. We'd love to see what this car could do with a better 60' and decent DA (this pass was made in 2800 DA). 

Nothing special about the transmission, just a shelf Level 7 unit and some crossed fingers.

I got a kick out of that!

Really glad to see someone take development of the 6 speed seriously rather than just jumping on the auto band wagon like everyone else.  Very nice work.