Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Wanna Know How To Build A Computer?

Not car related, directly, but here's how to build a modern computer.  Just like Legos.  One cool piece of technology is the water cooled setup for the processor.  I built one of these probably 12 years ago from plumbing parts and an aquarium pump.  Now you can get them self contained and really nice.

I'm still editing part 2 and will post it when done.  It's how to over clock it for some free horsepower.

Part 2 Overclocking

Not car related, directly, but here's how to build a modern computer.  Just like Legos.  One cool piece of technology is the water cooled setup for the processor.  I built one of these probably 12 years ago from plumbing parts and an aquarium pump.  Now you can get them self contained and really nice.

I'm still editing part 2 and will post it when done.  It's how to over clock it for some free horsepower.

one i did in 2000, had to build custom case for it too  :P

PC06.jpg

I've rebuilt my PC in the same case multiple times over the past 12 years or so, and now more and more I'm leaning towards getting one of those fancy liquid-cooled cases. My first build, they were nonexistent, my second build, they were only for extreme gamers. My experience with aquariums has made me more comfortable with liquid near electronics parts.

Check out the unit I used Howie.  Very bad ass and virtually silent, all self contained, and maintenance free.

Also, the only way I could get more performance from the CPU would be to go to some kind of chiller unit ($$) and even then it wouldn't make that much difference.  This watercooled setup is probably the best you can get today and very cost effective.  I think I paid like $65 for this one.

I built PCs for years, but gave it up some time ago. The economics just don't work for most needs, unless you need high performance for gaming or video. When I had to evacuate my office to Baton Rouge after the hurricane I decided that I would go with uATX PCs.

Funny thing is that I never played games, just built them and over clocked and went all out chasing the higher benchmark. Kinda like dyno racing.

If anyone is going to start building, I've got some really nice older cases sitting around, a couple from Lian Li, Antec, and CoolerMaster. Also have some nice rack mount cases. If anyone wants any of them, hit me up.

Funny thing is that I never played games, just built them and over clocked and went all out chasing the higher benchmark. Kinda like dyno racing.

haha same. i almost hit the top20 hall of fame in 3dmark :P