Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Goehner

Settle Something For Me

Couple local guys want to argue with me on what a Procharger is putting out on a 392, pretty sure I know a bit about this.

2016 Scat Pack A8, Procharger at 6.5 lbs, call it 7 psi for fun. No other mods.

What should it be at the wheels? MPH in the 1/4?

525-550 HP at the wheels, 110-118 MPH in the 1/4. 

Yea, mine at 7 psi on Arrington dyno was 522, and probably ran 11.6 at 118 if I remember correctly.

according to fuck face book  650

Procharger/ATI did the install, and they have it at 612, I told him no fucking way, doesn't compute. He says "Procharger wouldn't lie"  Well, it might have read that on their dyno, but no fucking way that is what it has.

10.8x at 126ish

No way.

The dude who is sure his car has 612 at the wheels, ran a few weeks ago with me, his best time was 12.02, I think at 119, but I am not 100% sure on the MPH. DA was like 3500 FYI

I tried to tell him the math don't work, especially after his MPH and times. Countless fuckers on Facebook like James said, are convinced they are over 600 on 7 psi.

Rule of thumb is roughly 20hp per lbs of boost for a bolt on not maxed out near its RPM limits.  Obviously all kinds of shit plays into this.  And his MPH indicates roughly 520 which would fall right in line with that amount of boost.  Fuck the ET, for all we know he had a 3 sec 60 :P  

Rule of thumb is roughly 20hp per lbs of boost for a bolt on not maxed out near its RPM limits. Obviously all kinds of shit plays into this. And his MPH indicates roughly 520 which would fall right in line with that amount of boost. Fuck the ET, for all we know he had a 3 sec 60 :P

Yep, totally agreed. He was getting 1.8 60ft, not terrible but could be better.

I should not waste my time giving a fuck since I already know the answer. Especially since this is the same guy who didn't understand how he lost a bracket race when his ET was closer to his dual than the guy in the other lane but he lost. I told him is 1.1 second reaction time might be a factor lol

Yep, totally agreed. He was getting 1.8 60ft, not terrible but could be better.

I should not waste my time giving a fuck since I already know the answer. Especially since this is the same guy who didn't understand how he lost a bracket race when his ET was closer to his dual than the guy in the other lane but he lost. I told him is 1.1 second reaction time might be a factor lol

Make him feel better and tell him 480whp is kicking his ass. :)

033714e12066b3d865c88b798dc44a9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make him feel better and tell him 480whp is kicking his ass. :)

033714e12066b3d865c88b798dc44a9c.jpg

lol

Yea, I got into it with a couple in my local group via Facebook, that they didn't have 600 at the wheels, they said "you are saying all the youtube videos are wrong?"

I am like, I have no idea, but if you have a procharger on a 392 running 7 psi, don't be pissed when my NA 500 or so at the wheels car kicks your ass.

lol

Yea, I got into it with a couple in my local group via Facebook, that they didn't have 600 at the wheels, they said "you are saying all the youtube videos are wrong?"

I am like, I have no idea, but if you have a procharger on a 392 running 7 psi, don't be pissed when my NA 500 or so at the wheels car kicks your ass.

Exactly.

You said YouTube so that means this is an obligatory video post.....

https://youtu.be/WKb_bjn94iA