Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sinmiedo

Mantic Twin Disc Clutch Review



First off Geoff at Mantic is all about customer service answered all questions and followed up with support whenever I needed. I inquired about a clutch for my 09 Challenger SRT 6 speed [Mods Procharged 7 psi, 87mm TB, Kooks LT, Kooks catless mids, Corsa exhaust] and was told they were working on it and a short time later I got a beautiful Mantic twin disc aluminum pressure plate and an aluminum flywheel it looks bad ass and was shipped in a cool brief case.

It comes with a spacer for the throw-out bearing other than that I just had to bolt on flywheel and assemble the clutch assembly. Pretty straight forward did it on jack stands in the garage. Break in period is 500 miles and I could feel the difference during break in and couldn’t wait to get on it. During install I also installed DSS axles and DSS carbon fiber driveshaft. The driveshaft rubbed against the exhaust so I sent it back and it was getting repaired and rebalanced so I haven’t launched it as aggressively as I need to.

Clutch pedal feels slightly more firm than stock which I like and Slight Gear Rattle in neutral but I have noticed that with more miles it seems to get better. Rowing through the gears the RPMs shoot up fast I hit the limiter a few times while trying to get used to it, boost kicks in a lot faster totally a new animal. Only down side to lighter flywheel is starting off on an incline in 1st, not terrible but a little more work. On flat surface just like stock. Flywheel weighs 16 lbs, clutch is 32 lbs …..stock one is 62-65 lbs I believe

I’ll update when I get driveshaft back and can run slicks at track. Can't upload pics sorry