Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JJhamitlon

Respectable Et?

Trying to find the slip, but did 13:53 1/4 with my 2013 Auto RT. Street tires, Mopar Cai, no resonators and custom tune 93 octane by Hemifever. I know this isn't 9s, 10s or even 12s...but is this pretty good for a relative stock RT with street tires ( not DRs, Z rated GoodYears ) ?? I wish I could find my slip with 60' and MPH. I'll keep looking.

It's all relative. What Chuck said is what counts. If nothing broke and you are happy, all is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well of course I'd like better, but I was happy it wasn't a 14+. Obviously I need more seat time, and more mods would be nice. But I guess my question is the RT, basically stock like this, capable of much better times. In other words is my lack of ability slow the run down considerably? I know my 60' was too high due to traction, 1st gear was all spinning. What would my target ET be for this car in this state of mods on streets?

Well knowing your 60 and mph plus the DA would be useful is figuring out if you could pull it off.

I know, I'm pretty sure the slip got thrown away last night cleaning out the car after the ride back, I can stand trash in the car especially if you swing by a fast food joint...which sucks, I wanted to compare the MPH and 60 too...I've seen some produce 12 second slips with RTs, but not on regular street tires, DR at least and slicks.

Due to some medical issues I've had to push back my mod plans this year, I'm trying to get to low 12s on street tires, not DRs. I know most don't aim at times with street tires, but I want to a DD but can drive strait to the track and home without caring if it rains on the way back and not need to change rims.

With the amount of knowledge and power a lot of you guys have, I'm pretty sure there are quit a few of you than already pull that off it I don't know if you know it, doubt many have even attempted it. I imagine most go fully prepped to run the best 1/4 they can. If any of you have done what I'm trying to do, I'd appreciate knowing what mods you have to make it happen.

I know an auto is "easier" to launch with DR and slicks, but I'd be willing to argue a stick would be easier to control spin during launch with street tires

Unfortunately the first thing you have to do to get even close to 12's is get a set of drag radials. Some say slicks are better on a six speed because there less abusive on the rear end. They have a softer side wall. If you pull the trunk floor they fit nicely back there and reduces the weight of the car. Throw a floor jack in breaker bar and socket and torque wrench in and have fun. Ask Greg how fast I can change tires at the track. Probably faster than he goes down the track. That lazy mother fucker just sits there and drinks beer. Sorry I'm getting off track.

Unfortunately the first thing you have to do to get even close to 12's is get a set of drag radials. Some say slicks are better on a six speed because there less abusive on the rear end. They have a softer side wall. If you pull the trunk floor they fit nicely back there and reduces the weight of the car. Throw a floor jack in breaker bar and socket and torque wrench in and have fun. Ask Greg how fast I can change tires at the track. Probably faster than he goes down the track. That lazy mother fucker just sits there and drinks beer. Sorry I'm getting off track.

you are always off track. :D

JJ your in the ballpark look at my sig first line. totally stock 14.02.

Depending on your DA, you should be able to hit your goal of 12s on street tires. I ran a 12.63 on my street tires before my converter and custom tune. After the converter I only used drag radials, but I believe that I could have run around a 12.4 on street tires the day that I ran my 12.09.. Though I didn't try because I was too happy with my 12.0X pass lol