Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

R/T Rick

2015 6.2 Hellcat Factory Cam

Factory 5.7 valve springs are definitely not strong enough to support a big cam like the hellcats. That said, the valve to piston clearance more than likely isn't either.

Naturally aspirated 5.7? If so, you'd be much better off using a stock 6.4 cam

I thought Greg did this and it showed hp on the dyno but not at the track in his times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 6.4 cam, with its long LSA is a nice little blower cam providing you have the supporting mods. This is true of almost any cam upgrade, you need the supporting mods to make it work well.

That being said, a custom grind is the way to go.

Sent from my StarTac using Tapatalk

The hellcat cam is a “light” boost cam and proven obviously to work so in a shortblock build getting boost its a well spent $275 I’ve spent close to $2500 for a inertia eagle plus cam and hate it so I’m not buying into the custom “grinds anymore,just my experience and I’m pretty new to the whole building an engine World 

On 3/21/2018 at 9:55 PM, White momba said:

The hellcat cam is a “light” boost cam and proven obviously to work so in a shortblock build getting boost its a well spent $275 I’ve spent close to $2500 for a inertia eagle plus cam and hate it so I’m not buying into the custom “grinds anymore,just my experience and I’m pretty new to the whole building an engine World 

if you paid 2500 for just a cam, i got news for you....... rape. 

custom cams are the way to go.... sit with the builder and work out the details of your build..... having a cam built for your package is the best way to go..... and dont forget...... shelf cams started life as custom cams. 

3 hours ago, White momba said:

Rape ok 

inertia cam vvt eagle plus $750 $400 for lifters $100 for cam phaser =$1250

install with Srt headers $1000 

=$2250 

So it was only $1250 not $2500 for the cam....not rape, it was more a dinner date but ended with blue balls

I guess I paid $775 for cam $ 400 for all hellcat lifters not bs Mds delete and $100 for Comp phase limiter and $1000 to install with srt headers that is a good price !

and that’s what people are looking at with 09 plus vvt cams(unless of course u do the work)

Imo right now aftermarket cams for these cars are NOT worth the outcome period 

However engine masters did a 5.7 from junkyard truck and Comp 274 with srt headers stock heads and got 80 hp under the curse 100 hp gain peak I personally don’t care for Dyno Numbers as they r NOT real but maybe the 274 is that good ,my mechanic hates Comp and only works with inertia/crower cams