Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dynotech Driveshafts Warning

Just a heads up to those who have a dynotech driveshaft in there car. I had one in my car when I had the GForce 9" conversion in my car. It worked fine in that application. We did a back half convertion and ordered a new driveshaft from Dynotech. I made 10 passes on this driveshaft and it broke the u-joint destroying the end of the driveshaft. It had a greasable crossover joint 1330-1350. No one makes a solid crossover joint. When I called Dynotech they were not very helpful. " We can build you another shaft at a discount". I asked. What they would do differently? "Nothing". Then why would this one last any longer than the last one? No answer. I call Frank at DSS. New shaft from DSS is being built.

It is a slip yoke style shaft. The pinion angle was set at 1.5* at ride height.

I should mention it is a 6 speed manual car running a 29.5*10.5*15 tire.

Luckily the drive shaft loops did there job and nothing else was hurt when it let go.

I'm surprised by that lackluster response, as they are an Ametek owned corp. Certainly not a mom-pop shop. 

I worked for Ametek, a far off division, out of engineering school in the mid 90's and customer focus was pounded down your throat daily by the higher ups.

Obviously things have changed.