Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SRTgreasemonkey

Th400 Swap? What's Needed?

I have the opportunity to pick up an original th400 for 75 bucks, I know I'll have to upgrade it, but what would be needed to make it work in a 6speed equipped car?

Any recommendations on who to call for a tc? Currently 9.5lbs of boost and 100 shot of n20. But after this winter build that will be going up.

I'm just not content only running 10.8 times.

It's a fair weather car and is part of the local street outlaw group. So yes it gets raced ALOT

^^^^^^^ absolutely! !!!!!

I'd call HHP, they can help you with this.

For the quickest response, please call the shop 888-894-1115

For sales questions use extension 306 for Greg.

For tech questions use 302 for Bruce.

For tuning questions use 301 for Josh.

And you might want to check out this sale.

http://www.hhpracing.com/http://modernmoparforum.com/topic/18322-transmissions-torque-converters-and-a-sale-oh-my/

Linda :)

Way too much to list here to convert from a 6 speed to a 400, but you will need a case, converter, shifter, crossmember, driveshaft, converter spacer, cooler and lines and a host of other misc items.  Can be done but not for the backyard mechanic.  I converted the Magnum to a 400 built by Rossler, and was very pleased. Save your $75, get one that is purpose built, throw in a trans brake as well..

Way too much to list here to convert from a 6 speed to a 400, but you will need a case, converter, shifter, crossmember, driveshaft, converter spacer, cooler and lines and a host of other misc items.  Can be done but not for the backyard mechanic.  I converted the Magnum to a 400 built by Rossler, and was very pleased. Save your $75, get one that is purpose built, throw in a trans brake as well..

I'll make it easy $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I've got a brand new convertor for a TH400 in the box.  I abandoned my conversion and never listed this yet.  It's currently sitting in the trunk of the car at BFNY while Erik finishes working on it.    

ProTorque Revolution 30 spline.  It's built tough for big horsepower.

Also got a B&M StealthRatchet with the button.  

Matt

Thank you. I'm abandoning the idea for right now. I eventually will ditch the stick and go auto, but for now, I like seeing people's faces when they see my time and then see its a stick car.