Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

kbr577

Edelbrock Unveils Gen Iii Hemi Head

51 posts in this topic

When does Edelbrock expect to have these in stores?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Both the RPM heads and the Victor II intake will be available mid to late first quarter 2017. Pricing has not been set, but will be "very competitive". There are several other very cool items that are coming out in the very near future, stay tuned! 

Any realistic idea of how much HP gain one would get by adding heads and intake to a stock 392?  The price is certainly right, as long as there is a real gain it would be worth it.  B)

Any realistic idea of how much HP gain one would get by adding heads and intake to a stock 392? The price is certainly right, as long as there is a real gain it would be worth it. B)

Edlebrock claims 23hp from just heads. But just doing heads and an intake would be like showering and putting your dirty underwear back on.

Sent from my StarTac using Tapatalk

Edlebrock claims 23hp from just heads. But just doing heads and an intake would be like showering and putting your dirty underwear back on.

lol, yes doing that without doing a cam wouldn't make sense.

25 HP for the head swap is the number I've seen. Don't have any HP numbers on the intake. 

But these parts are intended for "builds", so the final HP number will depend on the sum of the parts. In particular, the intake is intended as a replacement for the plastic part on builds using NOs, centrifugal blowers, turbos and resto-mods.

lol, yes doing that without doing a cam wouldn't make sense.

25 HP for the head swap is the number I've seen. Don't have any HP numbers on the intake.

But these parts are intended for "builds", so the final HP number will depend on the sum of the parts. In particular, the intake is intended as a replacement for the plastic part on builds using NOs, centrifugal blowers, turbos and resto-mods.

Zactly.

Say's the Victor intake manifold made 25 hp over a stock 6.4 manifold which I have trouble imagining but I look forward to seeing independent testing against a stock 6.1, And a ported Victor vs. a ported 6.1. 

The 6.1 is getting harder to come by so there will be a good market for these.

btw- Anyone know the flow comparisons of a 6.1 vs. a 6.4 manifold?

Say's the Victor intake manifold made 25 hp over a stock 6.4 manifold which I have trouble imagining but I look forward to seeing independent testing against a stock 6.1, And a ported Victor vs. a ported 6.1. 

The 6.1 is getting harder to come by so there will be a good market for these.

btw- Anyone know the flow comparisons of a 6.1 vs. a 6.4 manifold?

If I remember correctly AJ figured out the 6.4 intake on the 392's was causing tuning issues(lean conditions) and was the main reason so many 392's were popping the top ring land. 

If I remember correctly AJ figured out the 6.4 intake on the 392's was causing tuning issues(lean conditions) and was the main reason so many 392's were popping the top ring land. 

Yep, if you boosting with procharger or vortech, better get a 6.1 intake to elimate one risk.

You guys shouldn't bother trying to compare these to either of those heads (thietecs). What has been shown is a solution for what you'd consider a stage one application, like stock short block, mild cam stuff.

You guys shouldn't bother trying to compare these to either of those heads (thietecs). What has been shown is a solution for what you'd consider a stage one application, like stock short block, mild cam stuff.

That's what I was figuring and why I was wondering what kind of gain they would give to a stock block.  We have all seen advertisements for 25 HP CAI's, Throttle bodies and Cat backs, I don't believe any of those bolt on's hit those kinds of number's, but I'm hopeful these heads perform as advertised.  I'm certainly looking forward to finding out more about them, the intake and any future offering. 

700each is that complete or bare pricing for the heads??

hell its worth it if 1400 for a set of completed heads over my eagles needing vs and valve upgrades anyways.

Heads ~700 ea intake 600.

complete with springs and all??

I haven't been able to find any updates. I was told they were going to release a few other important items at PRI but I'll be damned if I can find the release.