Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

legmaker

Lmi Hellcat Intake

ATTENTION ALL DODGE HELLCAT OWNERS!!!

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!

LMI HC INTAKE

http://www.legmakerintakes.com/produ...mi-hellcat.htm

-Independently tested 18-22 rwhp increase over stock airbox/filter (Tests conducted by DiabloSport, LLC)

-No tuning is required, but tests showed additional gains with tuning. As a result.....DIABLOSPORT WILL BE ADDING A SPECIFIC TUNE TO THEIR TUNING TOOLS FOR THE LMI HC INTAKE. WILL BE IN FUTURE NEW TOOLS AND/OR UPDATES

-Handmade from 100% real carbon fiber construction for superior heat characteristics

-Proprietary fabrication process resulting in a smooth inner surface to ensure optimal air flow

-"Funnel" shape with 6" opening smoothly transitioning to 4.5" to help speed airflow and decrease restriction

-Massive 6" diameter S&B filter with 8 layer protection (oil type)

-High quality silicon coupler ensuring smooth transition to throttle body

-High quality stainless T-bolt clamps provided

-Drilled for IAT/Oil breather fitting with a military grade rubber grommet for secure fit and seal

-Billet aluminum MAF flange for proper sensor performance and fit

-Laser cut rain shield with superior wrinkle finish powder coat and machined Legmaker logo

-AFE water repellent pre-filter to ensure maximum protection of filter from moisture and debris

-All necessary hardware and instructions for DIY install

-ZERO cutting or modifications needed to install

-No additional harnesses or other items to "trick" the computer from check engine lights.

*** PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA!!!!!!!!

20161019_163848_zpsjzhulp8c.jpg

without Rain Shield
20160714_122814_resized_zpsno9omab0.jpg

I tested the new Legmaker Hellcat CAI this past weekend at the track. I made two passes with the stock box and two passes with the Legmaker. As you can see in my first pass, I spun bad. Prep was horrible. I pulled timing just to get it down the track.

From my last pass with the stock box to the first pass with the Legmaker, I picked up 1mph. This seems to be fairly consistent with the 15-20hp gain that the Dyno has shown. DA was consistent all night. Rising slightly as the night went on. I made a second pass with the Legmaker. Car left better so the ET picked up, but the 1mph gain was still there.

Onto the sound. The sound is GLORIOUS. I know my gas mileage is going to drop because I can stay out of it. I keep wanting to hear that blower whine.

Kit was easy to install. It's harder to remove the stock box than it is to install the Legmaker. I'll include timeslips, pics of intake, sound clips below.

Attached pics

post-86-0-71297200-1478222238_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-64268700-1478222273_thumb.jpg

post-86-0-23227200-1478222321_thumb.jpg

I would be willing to test one at the Tx Mile in April. :) Run two passes with the stock air box, then two with the LMI. Real Curious to see if it would pick up much on the big end.  

I am not going to do pulley or tunes, leaving it all stock. CAI, maybe add some MS-109 to the 93 pump gas and that's it.

I would be willing to test one at the Tx Mile in April. :) Run two passes with the stock air box, then two with the LMI. Real Curious to see if it would pick up much on the big end.  

I am not going to do pulley or tunes, leaving it all stock. CAI, maybe add some MS-109 to the 93 pump gas and that's it.

Keep telling yourself that, lol.