Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Gauge Cluster Upgrade

Got the new gauges installed and have been enjoying them the past couple of weeks.  They really updated the interior and gave it a more modern feel, but still classic muscle car.  I started to separate the white bezel from the clear face, but it's just too sensitive and I was sure it'd break, so I found a way to mask it off for paint.  Glad I took that extra step as I don't think the white bezel would have looked good with the black faces.  This is actually a very easy project to do, much easier than I expected and the return on investment extremely high since these are right there in front of you every time you drive the car.

challenger_gauge_face_35_web.jpg  challenger_gauge_face_11_web.jpgchallenger_gauge_face_12_web.jpg  challenger_gauge_face_16_web.jpg  challenger_gauge_face_20_web.jpg

Fine job there young man and they do look pretty damn cool. And whatever ya do, don't post that link on GJ, those asswhipes will blast you for not wearing steel toed flip flops while in your shop. lol

those look really nice. 

I have red gauges as well.  I put a small piece of red theatrical gel sheet over the evic display and changed that from green to red, so it wasn't so chrismasy.

bill

lol Dale, you know that would drive me nuts if it wasn't perfect. 

Thanks all.  Really love the new look and the quality of the parts was actually better than the OEM ones.  The original design had the EVIC red, and I asked them to leave that factory to match the rest of the dash illumination.  If I had switched that to red, I'd have had to do all the rest of the interior lighting too lol

He also raised the redline on the RPM gauge to match my engine.

lol Dale, you know that would drive me nuts if it wasn't perfect. 

Thanks all.  Really love the new look and the quality of the parts was actually better than the OEM ones.  The original design had the EVIC red, and I asked them to leave that factory to match the rest of the dash illumination.  If I had switched that to red, I'd have had to do all the rest of the interior lighting too lol

He also raised the redline on the RPM gauge to match my engine.

ha, I understand.  I swapped out all the other interior lighting to red too.  It takes a while....but it looks good.