Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

no1special

1992 Duster Tube Chassis With A Twin Turbo Hellcat Motor

29 posts in this topic

I haven't posted on this yet. Just thought I'd post it up now. A bit ago I bought a 1992 Plymouth duster(Sundance). It is a tube chassis car and was already setup with a gen 3 hemi. It has a 4 link with a panhard bar. It has a 8.75" Chrysler that I will use for very low boost break in. This will be coming out for a strange 9". It's got a 727 with a transbrake. It had nice forward facing headers....so naturally my first though was turbos. I bought a hellcat shortblock, left it totally stock except arp rod bolts. The heads are a stock ported head. The cam is a stock hellcat cam locked. I am running the indy mod man intake like brians( thanks for the help bud) except I went with the 2000hp capable core. The turbos are Borg Warner 66s off the shelf. The car weighed 2500lb with the old motor in it...so with the turbo stuff maybe 2650 or so. I have a Holley dominator system for it along with the Davies traction control add on. Expect the motor to make 800-900 on lower boost and be well in the 1100-1200 range with big boost. I just need time to put it together! lol

I remember when it was for sale and really wished I had the disposable income for it! Bad ass little Mopar right there. IIRC it was nicely built but I cant remember what the cage was cert'd to, who cares really, but it didnt have turboes then either haha!