Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tout

Kb 3.6Lc And 4.2Lc Blowers

498 posts in this topic

My mind is thinking a solution would be some sort of a boost bypass valve to decrease boost levels, connected to some computer program allowing the driver to input a cycle to the boost valve to dump boost at launch, and then regulate the amount of boost based on time or RPM.

I'm wondering (outloud) if Holley's Launcher would be able to fit the bill. I run one, and you could easily wire it up to regulate a boost valve instead of a nitrous solonoid. It could be set up to only work above a preset throttle position (using a throttle microswitch), and could bleed any amount of boost dependent on the size of the boost outlet port and valve.

With a set-up like this, you could take total control of the amount of boost the engine sees, when it sees it, and how fast it would ramp up to full boost. If you could find a way to have it run by traction control, that would be the ultimate, but only a superhacker could figure that out.

Also, the Launcher CAN be controlled by boost levels using a MAP input. So when the boost level hit a preset psi, it would activate the boost valve to dump boost, and you could regulate based on time or rpm when to close the boost valve.

What do you think? If the boost valve could handle the stress from cycling without overheating, it could work, or at least give you more control at launch.

why would you want to bleed off the boost? fuck that I want to go faster not stay where I'm at with the 2.8. All you need is a stright axle and a big tire and that 3.6 will go into the 8's if the block don;t burst.

9.60 at 147mph in Atco friday right after you left

if it would have 60 footed it would have went 9.4 or better

the car is not tuned for it but fuck it. It was time to give it a shot. I'll get it tuned for it and try again. the tune in the car is only a 14psi tune

Sometimes you have to go slow to go fast. Ask BJB after spending 2 years with RDP trying to run 19psi on race gas and never making it down the track. Once he pulled it from there we went back to 12psi on pump gas and ran a 10.47@129. Sad part is he could have done it 2 years earlier if Steve wouldn't have been trying to build a name for himself. We've spent the last year learng the combo and have whittled the times down to a best of 9.56@144.55 on Q16 at 17psi. I'm sure these KB cars will run better once they get some more track time and learn what that combo wants.

Has anyone ever looked at how the rear suspension camber changes as the rear springs compress? This was a big issue on the high HP Vettes I used to deal with. The camber change actually unloads the outside of the tire and makes the contact patch less effective. Just curious if the LX/LC suspension suffers from the same issue. I know everyone complains about tires not being up to the task but there are quite a few 6 second drag radial cars out there that have made it work. I think we just may need to look at things a little differently then we have been. If Lingenfelter can get a 4200lb stick shift Camaro with an LS9 and Nitrous to run 8.90s, why can't we get a Challenger with an auto to do it?

J

Sometimes you have to go slow to go fast. Ask BJB after spending 2 years with RDP trying to run 19psi on race gas and never making it down the track. Once he pulled it from there we went back to 12psi on pump gas and ran a 10.47@129. Sad part is he could have done it 2 years earlier if Steve wouldn't have been trying to build a name for himself. We've spent the last year learng the combo and have whittled the times down to a best of 9.56@144.55 on Q16 at 17psi. I'm sure these KB cars will run better once they get some more track time and learn what that combo wants.

Has anyone ever looked at how the rear suspension camber changes as the rear springs compress? This was a big issue on the high HP Vettes I used to deal with. The camber change actually unloads the outside of the tire and makes the contact patch less effective. Just curious if the LX/LC suspension suffers from the same issue. I know everyone complains about tires not being up to the task but there are quite a few 6 second drag radial cars out there that have made it work. I think we just may need to look at things a little differently then we have been. If Lingenfelter can get a 4200lb stick shift Camaro with an LS9 and Nitrous to run 8.90s, why can't we get a Challenger with an auto to do it?

J

we can and we will in time my friend

Running low nines on blower or the combo off blower and nitrous when car exceed 4200lbs isn't as easy as people think. I say mine willrun in the 8's but getting there is a totally different story.

Blower,Nitrous or even the beloved twins will have to bein a race car less than 3900lbs or berunning some stupid psi 22 or up.

Mike, cars 1,2 and 5 are turbo's ,3 has no slip and 4 I don't know

Tout

1,2,3,6 are race cars not street cars 4,10 one hit wonder years ago. That list is a piece of shit all fucked up list just like the new rules.

The only car that runs low 9's is 9secsrt all the rest are mid to high 9's.

Low 9's are 9.0 to 9.3

The only real players are 9secsrt, srt5939, bjb, robsrt,builder bill, bboy, HemiC but he's on vaca for awhile so he's on the sit list.

The rest are all pretenders as far as I can see.

the only cars that are on the same motor are 9secsrt hemic and srt5939

so when you want to go 9's and drive your shit around pay close attention to that statment or go spend some more money

gso well we shall see if he's a one hit wonder

I think he would rather build shit than drive it anyway so he can't be counted either

i don't think thats enough power to do it, you need at least 775 to 85 to get in the 9's mine makes about 800 before the NOS and it runs 9.6 9.7 so far 9.59 is just a lucky 9.6 as far as i'm concerned.

I think I can get a 9.4 out of it maybe a little more with a good hook.

And still drive it home with the AC on.

John, I too consider 9.0 -9.3.. low 9's .4,.5 and .6 mid .7, .8 .9 high

, so who is running high boost SC only and turning low 9's ? 850 to 950 Hp should do it, right?

Tout

nobody is

John L. - are you seriously planning on installing the 4.2 and going with a straight axle in the near future or is this the next step AFTER you break what you have?

John T.- What is the best time ran in Linda's car to date?

yes

Rules are a piece of shit? Which rules do you speak of?

1,2,3,6 are race cars not street cars 4,10 one hit wonder years ago. That list is a piece of shit all fucked up list just like the new rules.

The only car that runs low 9's is 9secsrt all the rest are mid to high 9's.

Low 9's are 9.0 to 9.3

The only real players are 9secsrt, srt5939, bjb, robsrt,builder bill, bboy, HemiC but he's on vaca for awhile so he's on the sit list.

The rest are all pretenders as far as I can see.

the only cars that are on the same motor are 9secsrt hemic and srt5939

so when you want to go 9's and drive your shit around pay close attention to that statment or go spend some more money

gso well we shall see if he's a one hit wonder

I think he would rather build shit than drive it anyway so he can't be counted either

Todd

Linda's car has run 9.70 13# boost ,100 shot nitrous, 17" wheels and slicks, with the mild tune for Linda to start with. She ran a 10.01 boost only same tune @ MIR few weeks ago, should have been in the high 9's which we were after when she broke something?

John