Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tout

Kb 3.6Lc And 4.2Lc Blowers

488 posts in this topic

There are no rules when you sign up to run unlimited as far as I'm concerned. :) Whether it be hemi, viper V10, TT,SC combination of any, Hp and weight is what you make it.....

JMO, Tout

I agree

lol I'm thinking all the MSHS rules but I'm sure he'll chime in Dan.

No doubt, those rules are a piece of shit 100%

I think there's an important message in JerseyBoy's post. Lots to tweak in a suspension setup and not nearly enough of that going round in the modern HEMI world. Generally the response is add more power, not make what you got faster. What I don't know about quarter mile suspensions could fill a book, and I've learned quite a bit about road race suspensions before I got hooked on this stuff.

HemiSam

unlimited:

1. not limited; unrestricted; unconfined;

2. boundless; infinite; vast

3.without any qualification or exception; unconditional

Guess the people who made the rules don't know what unlimited means.

I spelled it out for you Dan, go share it with everyone. Show them how smart you are now.

This a great read. John with all the weight these cars have I am interested if you are debating to reduce the weight to see if you can make this work. These cars are so dam heavy I can!t believe you are doing what you are doing with a daily driver. Should be interesting at Atco this year to see all you guys there!l I expect to see a lot of PB going down.

I luv this shit!

What about a 4 link suspension?

So the trans issue is with the low end torque and the ability to not be able to compensate for it with program inning? I am just trying to understand. What about the suspension?

When you run a Bell at those power levels the drive train will not hold up. You saw what my little 2.8 did to it over and over. When I put my 3.6 on the axle will go with it. And the trans won't stay together or shift then the TH400 will go also.

The rules need to be changed again or prizes's need to be added to the exibition class.

I won't pay 130 to race just so everyone can watch how fast I go, I can pay 15.00 and race all I want 3 days aweek.

I agree! I would pay to see the guys that are pushing the envelope so others can follow or learn from you guys. That is the only way to see what these cars can really do. What about suspension mods. I know that is not for the daily driver but it would be intrestioning to see what can happen. John have you studded out the heads on you car. I know you lifted them the last time. What are you modifing to put the 3.6 on?

When you run a Bell at those power levels the drive train will not hold up. You saw what my little 2.8 did to it over and over. When I put my 3.6 on the axle will go with it. And the trans won't stay together or shift then the TH400 will go also.

The rules need to be changed again or prizes's need to be added to the exibition class.

I won't pay 130 to race just so everyone can watch how fast I go, I can pay 15.00 and race all I want 3 days aweek.

Honestly, that is why I don't go to events. I can race local for $30 instead of paying $2000 to let a few people see me run fast. Just not worth it to me.

We have the TQ and power under control on the launch on Linda's car, just need to get the trans to shift with all this power. We can back it down and run 9.18 but the point of the build was to run 8's. Car will do it, just need the trans to give us a freakin break. Bill is on it, I have faith he will get us the right setup.

Tim

So the trans issue is with the low end torque and the ability to not be able to compensate for it with program inning? I am just trying to understand. What about the suspension?

The car cut a 1.35 60', suspension is working fine on Linda's car.

I understanand but if we don't support these events they will go away. I pay the money to meet the people and have a fun day! What's more I learn from the people that come to the events. Dan and the other guys have taught me alot. Not only that but the sponsors of these events have given me good ideas and I will spend my money on people who come out to these events. Pedders has always been to our events and iI plan on spending my money on there products. Since 2009'i have been watching and have spent 20 grand doing improvements. And I am not done yet. I watch John as he is always pushing the envelope and he must be doing very well in his business to keep putting up money to keep blowing up shit and going further than other people. To take a daily driver and also modify his wife's car to have fun should be an inspiration to all of us. Mike is an awesome builder as I saw him( without car) helping other people out. Can't wait to see the turbos. BuckwheetbI don't care what they say about but you have given valuable info. Sorry for the rant but I don't want to see this shit go away. Hope to see all of you at Atco and maybe we can bend the rules to put up a pot for those that fit into the rules!

Tim - I know you are busy and your free time is very limited. I think the Tout's and I would appreciate you coming to Atco. John and I briefly discussed splitting the costs to get you there. Give it some thought.

I have no problem going to Atco to support you ,John and Linda... As long as I'm not in Jordan by then I can go.. Your car should be pretty sick to watch as well, I will know first hand shortly.;)