Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fotojesse

Ported Heads On N2O 5.7?

So here is my current set up: '12 5.7 with custom tune, headers, catless mids, 85MM TB port matched to intake and 150HP plate system. 

Planning my next steps and looking for some info from those who have more knowledge than me. On the upcoming agenda will be a custom ground cam profiled for running N2O, either a 6.1 intake or the upcoming Edelbrock Victor Jr. and I have been thinking of doing some ported heads.

Here is my question at stock displacement will the ported heads be worth the expense? This is an auto car so the head will have to come off for the cam install anyway so that is why I am contemplating doing them at the same time, though if it isn't going to be a big enough gain I may wait until I do the bottom end. Eventually I do plan to do a stroker once I get to 60k-ish miles so that will be about a year and a half out unless something breaks before then. 

This is my first N2O build and I am just trying to gather a little more information as I start to put together my build list. 

Spraying a 150 shot to a stock bottom end your stroker plans will come sooner than later.

Quite a few people do and have lived to tell the tale. Though I am prepared if that happens as well. 

Ported 5.7 heads will only get you so far. I would swap for a set of Apache heads that can be ported down the road. We have a set of Apaches here I can sell you stock or sell ported.

A set of ported or upgraded heads are great even with stock displacement if you have a power adder or cam. You will definitely see a benefit from them.

We can get you the cam you need, all parts needed for install, and your intake manifold. Shoot me a PM or call the shop if you interested.

Ported 5.7 heads will only get you so far. I would swap for a set of Apache heads that can be ported down the road. We have a set of Apaches here I can sell you stock or sell ported.

A set of ported or upgraded heads are great even with stock displacement if you have a power adder or cam. You will definitely see a benefit from them.

We can get you the cam you need, all parts needed for install, and your intake manifold. Shoot me a PM or call the shop if you interested.

Micah,

I though the Apache heads on a 5.7 would require notching the block?