Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CruzKing

Gg's 5.7 Build.

359 posts in this topic

My original goal was to harden the engine , using drop in pistons and rods after 200-300 1/4 miles down the track.  The cost was more than i excepted, a vendor here said to use a Hell Cat block, that cost and the idea of a hellcat block  made me go in that direction that i did.  

the results were sweet 601/ 696 at 10 lbs of boost. there is more HP if i want to go for it changing out the cats/exhaust . it will lower tq but there is plenty of hp to gain.

i will test at a few MSHS / CF8 events.

All in all i can't say anything but that A2Speed did a hell of a job and had great communication  with me during the whole build. ;)

the track will determine what needs to be done next.  At 10 lbs of boost on a hell cat block , there is a bunch left. B)   sorry Kevin..

Haha Greg. I can't wait to see you race it and get the review of you daily driving it. It sounds like the build went pretty smooth. I only had to turn off my phone once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VERY nice numbers Greg.  Look at that AFR!  Is that pre cat or post cat?

Congrats, at 600RWHP it should EASILY be a 10.5-10.7 second car at about 127 - 130 MPH based on what Greg and I see at Beech Bend.

So guess you're gonna have to spot me .5 in our race like all the other auto guys do.  That's standard practice you know ;)

I wanna know on that AFR reading!?  

= ]

All that and no knock & the plugs are optimal. It's post Cat and on the race tune. Street tune is right at 11.8.

This motor is just the thing for 5.7 builds.

AFR is nice and stable.  Which computer did you guys use?  Greg's original R/T?

Post cat will read a tad leaner due to the cats removing some of the fuel vapor I think?  Looks like a nice tune up.

Well, I received some good advise from someone who cares about me and my success with this car. The TQ numbers are in the realm where i never had experience with or even expected to be at.  So the advise is to slowly learn what the car handles like, so i will be slowly learning how to drive this car. so don't expect me to go balls to the wall at CF8. i hope to get enough time in at CF to learn enough so  that i can safely handle it at MSHS.

My original goal was to harden the engine , using drop in pistons and rods after 200-300 1/4 miles down the track.  The cost was more than i excepted, a vendor here said to use a Hell Cat block, that cost and the idea of a hellcat block  made me go in that direction that i did.  

the results were sweet 601/ 696 at 10 lbs of boost. there is more HP if i want to go for it changing out the cats/exhaust . it will lower tq but there is plenty of hp to gain.

i will test at a few MSHS / CF8 events.

All in all i can't say anything but that A2Speed did a hell of a job and had great communication  with me during the whole build. ;)

the track will determine what needs to be done next.  At 10 lbs of boost on a hell cat block , there is a bunch left. B)   sorry Kevin..

I was surprised at how different the curves on your dyno sheet looked versus what I got with a stock hellcat cam and long tube headers.  All the torque down low is going to make for a fun ride for sure.

I was surprised at how different the curves on your dyno sheet looked versus what I got with a stock hellcat cam and long tube headers. All the torque down low is going to make for a fun ride for sure.

What are your numbers?

As you will find out all that torque on the street can be a pain due to little traction so. Keep that in mind. No street tire will be enough