Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CruzKing

Gg's 5.7 Build.

359 posts in this topic

That’s for sure. I tried getting him drunk the night before so he’d be so hung over he’d sleep at the light.
That doesn’t work
I was only able to beat him once or twice at vmp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Speedy said:

Yeah, surprised me for sure.....said that was his PB, so everything worked well for him there.  He swindled me.....came over and talked to me for 30 minutes while I was sitting there with the car idling after making 10 passes in a row getting me off my game while my car heat soaked, then kind of off handed said "hey wanna run that race real quick while the staging lanes are empty?"  Meanwhile he was pouring liquid nitrogen on his blower after the car had been sitting in an ice box over night.  Still got him though but watch out for o'l GG, he's not the GG we used to know *ninja*

yeah , thats how it was. lol  if Jay could ever race the Pro tree(and get off the girlie tree) we would see a different story. Just sayin, the old fuck has a bad reaction time,,,no new news there. 

But good things coming soon.

data log just sent, don't fall over when you read it.

bad:  afr, IAT, throttle closing, shift points, timing, boost

good : knock 0.:o

It's not that bad GG.  Some small tweaks I think are all that's needed.  Yeah the throttle is closing at shift which I haven't seen in other auto cars.  Yours is acting like my 6 speed did, clear that up and it "might" help a tad.

AFR is pig rich.  Definitely need 20% taken out there.

IAT looked OK to me based on boost and ambient temp.

Shift points could be a tad higher with your built heads.  Timing is OK for 93 octane.  

Boost, I'm seeing almost 11psi in the log which ain't bad.  Smallest pulley I could get to work on the old car was a 2.65, if you have one bigger than that, change it.  That's cheap and will likely bring up the AFR at the same time so double whammy.

I think you can get 10.50s pretty easy in the car.

hey no knock!lol

no numbers on pulley , outside measurement is 3.12, less the belt .2 x 2 =..4  gives about 2.72+/-., I'm thinking 2.85 pulley                                                                                                                                                       , let me check.

or do you have a better way to measurement it??

working on what i got 2.65 won't be here for that. But Stanley's Performance will perk it enough to make a new PB .... I hope.

Thanks Jay , for everything over the years. Its ok that i got beat only cuz your are a young wipper snapper, its all good for me.

Hey, c'mon now I ran the worst run ever in Go Man Go against you......you hexed my car after pouring liquid nitrogen on your blower.

Hey , you beat me , thats all that counts, . just show the ETs.;)

BTW i ran hot also, just got down the pits and saw you.

Looks like i got some easy fixes to compete in the 10.5 MOD class in MSHS. Oh and for gomango next year. :P

cool, thanks Jay. looking for a new PB this Saturday without the pulley. may be too hot, but that's when i had my best.

ugh, diff is shot, probably at CF9 , had some noise after that weekend. Didn't get a full pass in this weekend but at least i was able to drive home.

13 hours ago, CruzKing said:

ugh, diff is shot, probably at CF9 , had some noise after that weekend. Didn't get a full pass in this weekend but at least i was able to drive home.

It's shot but you still drove home?

so much slop in the getrag it clanks/bangs when i launch hard. Driving home it was almost ok, let off gas and ... you guessed it clank. turn and hit gas .. clank.

the worse ever was at the track.

I'm looking for suggestions on what to do.

can they be rebult.?... not sure i want a used one as this was bought used.