Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CruzKing

Gg's 5.7 Build.

359 posts in this topic

Sorry to see this Greg. Hemisam just sold the rear out of his RT. It would have been bullet proof for you.

Dunno if I am right on this...... maybe a Hellcat/Demon rear from a wrecking yard? Would that fit/work?

Stevo

After Cf9 i was real excited, i had someone (Ethan) who was going to look at my logs and make changes. But i did have a clunk every now and again , and on the lift it look like a lot of play. But i thought we could get info and see what some simple changes we could do to up the stakes.  Well it didn't work out that way at on my first pass , i had a shitty burnout , but WTF, launched and CLUNK. well let off and back to pits.   Nothing visible no leaking or that.

Second try ... great burnout everything seemed great... loaded up to about 2K, UGH big bang/clunk. .. dribbled down the track. 

two runs at 23. mph. and day was done.

Thanks Ethan's guy for putting on the dr's and thanks my roommate JJ for taking them off 40 minutes latter. :wacko:

don't know what i can do to fix this , maybe a rebuild, not thinking i'm going to buy used , as someone might sell me the same crap.

aLL help would be appreciated.

this may be a end for me , its just got too risky, should of stayed in SS.:o so says kevin i'm sure.

I’m sorry buddy but I tried to tell you, and so did Linda and Kate. I am glad you built what you wanted and made the 10.s but I know your on ss and dont want you to have to go back to work at subway. Haha that would be a full circle for you. lol you could work for 2 different ones instead of owning 2 different ones. The good news is your a solid competitor in the ss class and will only lose if you sleep at the wheel. I mean deep sleep cause I tried getting you so drunk the night before the race and you still smoked my ass. Your only option now is go all out and build a bullet proof rear and keep swapping dss axles or pulley up and run 11.0’s and lift at the timing box

And you get to compete in the king of hill race and king of kings race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kevin.:) You and the girls are right, it costs way too much to compete,  It doesn't look good , I had high hopes with a beer/wine budget, But you know i did a 10.85 against Speedy and his hellcat (and had a better time) , that's my  PB at the right time.

I'll probably done. . :(

should have stayed in SS and did a John G. *ninja*

You're over thinking it GG. The Getrag in Orange Krush is still going strong.  Check that pinion bushing, mine started doing a bang clank and that's all it was.  Beyond that grab another Getrag for $500 and slap it back in there and go run 10.50s.

Hated to see it end so fast this weekend, but still enjoyed the visit. And always ready to help GG, anytime...goes for all of you, need help at the lanes, let me know! 

Had to cut out as GG knows the details. But I’d have to agree with Speedy on this, throw another Rag in and see how it goes. See a bunch of guys running long term with nothing more, especially in an auto that doesn’t have hop issues like the shifty guys. 

thx JJ, pm sent.

BTW JJ is a great addition to our group, and a very supportive man. He even offered to drive back to my house 2.5 hours and get a spare getrag and put it into the car at the track.

10 hours ago, CruzKing said:

thx JJ, pm sent.

BTW JJ is a great addition to our group, and a very supportive man. He even offered to drive back to my house 2.5 hours and get a spare getrag and put it into the car at the track.

Wow..... honourable Dude right there..... Hot Rodders stick together....

See the source image

Stevo

Well, feel much better today, Got a plan rather than just stewing about it. Kevin is right i'm just a dick.:o

1) Ethan will put the old getrag back into my car(can't race with that though)

2) Ethan will work on the getrag taken out of the car , to see if its salvageable.

3) looking to get a new getrag .

4) put the new getrag in the car and use the Ethan rebuild getrag for my spare if it can be saved.

so its no big(trans , engine,) issue, and I should be happy with that.:) Small issue compared to some of the carnage at the Rock. :(

Greg, you're a numbers guy.  If I were "you" I'd set aside a racing budget each year and account for some parts breakage/maintenance.  You'll sleep better at night :)

your right breakage is new for me , but expect it now that i'm -11.

and you know what after i got the full story about The Rock mshs race, i feel happy , that's all i broke, some very expensive days at the rock. .

have the plan and will do your suggestion , why not 25 $..

9 hours ago, Renfrick1 said:

Well I should say you can trailer yourself home
You ain’t driving my car!!

Lmao!!! The Rock claimed some blood for sure, the track prep seemed real good. I was surprised Friday at how many runs were available. It really sucked not having mine but I know it was eating GG up with his car sitting on the sidelines while we watched run after run. When mine is back home and ready for action, I’m going to take a trip back to the Rock for a few passes, I normally go to Fayetteville Dragway for their 1/4, but after my decade plus absent they have upgraded the Rock substantially, on track anyways. The pavement looked good and had some bite! Greg I’m expecting you to come me down and teach me some things when I do make that trip!!

46 minutes ago, Renfrick1 said:

Watch out he’ll tell you wait till the light turns green before you go

*ninja*  Plus i need more liquid nitrogen.

yup, jj, someday we will get down the Rock.

On 5/5/2018 at 10:37 AM, CruzKing said:

ugh, diff is shot, probably at CF9 , had some noise after that weekend. Didn't get a full pass in this weekend but at least i was able to drive home.

GG.. Murray has a spare getrag sitting in my shop. Only problem is... He is in Budapest on business.

Is it possible?:o

Ethan took the diff out and axles inspected everything.... plan was to put in the spare non getrag in and rebuild the getrag.

well after inspection , nothing nada no non found wrong with the getrag/axles.

But did find that a BOLT was missing that held something to the aluminum cross member.

So he decided to put it all back together with a replacement bolt.

He tested it, and found the clunk gone, i drove it for some miles and found the same thing no crunch/clunk.

Still needs more testing before i'm satisfied, but looks good right now.:)

Ethan is local and  has helped me a lot.  Looking forward to more interactions with Stanley's Performance.