Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CruzKing

Gg's 5.7 Build.

359 posts in this topic

Wait, 11.2 to 10.8 isn't that hard, Take out the passenger seat and thats 1/10. 7 lbs of boost  to 10.5 should cover 3/10's :P.

remember i'm just learning how to drive this whale. :o Just about every race i set new PB's..

lol we'll see.  Once you cross below 11.0 things get interesting.

Oh i was thinking you were going to be above 11.0 . and i can coast to a win. B)   who knows you could miss a gear, sleep at the line etc. :P

lolwe'll see.  Once you cross below 11.0 things get interesting.

Greg.... if you get that whale in the tens..... what about a "Brake Upgrade?" :huh:

Going and stopping fast cost money.... just saying....

Stevo

He'll find out. Right now he's caught up in going faster. Everything will settle in by the end of the race season. I just hope it's not a short season for him.

Sorry bud but I've been trying to tell you everything that everyone has brought up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So let me get this straight...you are using the 6.2 shortblock and putting all the 5.7 parts on it? What changes are done....paricularly are you using the stock 6.2 cam that comes with the shortblock and if so, do you treat the heads as if you are swapping a cam like change valve springs and pushrods? I ask because I am doing a cam on my 5.7 and changing springs and pushrods. So if I do this, are they required anyway for the 6.2 swap?

hellcat shortblock with all 5.7 parts. the heads are phase 6 API heads and cam, magnuson 10.5 boost. . the tech questions abouts prings etc. should be answered by Don.

So let me get this straight...you are using the 6.2 shortblock and putting all the 5.7 parts on it? What changes are done....paricularly are you using the stock 6.2 cam that comes with the shortblock and if so, do you treat the heads as if you are swapping a cam like change valve springs and pushrods? I ask because I am doing a cam on my 5.7 and changing springs and pushrods. So if I do this, are they required anyway for the 6.2 swap?

The cam doesn't come with the short block but we are using Greg's CAM and heads. The heads are already built and have the PSI springs on them so they will be fine. There is a slight difference in deck height between the 5.7L and 6.2L so best practice is to always check preload, ptv, etc. when doing this kind of work.

Quick update, the engine is out of the car and we're getting ready for disassembly.  

engine-removed.png

How much different is the HC CAM vs Greg's current CAM?  Anyone know?

Greg's gonna need all the help he can get if he wants to tangle with Orange Krush lol