Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CruzKing

Gg's 5.7 Build.

278 posts in this topic

Not believers in cleaning up the covers eh?.  Bummer.   :(

Ya, the oil pan is stained, you should have seen it before I started cleaning it (and the mounts)...but yes we believe in cleaning parts before we put them back on engines.   lol

Nice progress Stuart.  Any chance you can get some pics of the stock pistons?  Rare we get to see a formerly SC motor torn down and curious how things look.  We know Greg raced her a lot so not an easy life for sure :)

Ya, the oil pan is stained, you should have seen it before I started cleaning it (and the mounts)...but yes we believe in cleaning parts before we put them back on engines.   lol

Ya the pans are the hardest to clean up.  I have a high heat pressure washer that does a really good job but sometimes there's just no making them look clean.  And all though it cost me time and money I just can't bring myself to putting together a new build and not having it look well.........new ;)

Once cleaned up I've been using Krylon dull aluminum to repaint the covers for many years now.  It's the only paint I've found that actually looks like aluminum and not mexican chrome.  Not only does it satisfy my OCD but any leaks pop right out at ya.  Sorry no close ups but you get the idea.  One of these days I'm going to get a soda blaster.   

4451362110_7033a12db1.jpg

Cam they are going to media blast and powder coat them. will look pretty. ;)

Nice progress Stuart.  Any chance you can get some pics of the stock pistons?  Rare we get to see a formerly SC motor torn down and curious how things look.  We know Greg raced her a lot so not an easy life for sure :)

^^ this Stuart^^.

Got the picture of the old pistons!

old-pistons.png

Quick build update, Greg's long block is bolted together and we are now just waiting on the oil pan and front cover. 

gregs-long-block.png

And a little teaser  :D

fuel-system.png

nice. :o

Not meant in a negative way GG, but that motor is going to make a lot more powa and a stock trans isn't going to last very long beating on it.

Best of Luck GG

Jay would you like to comment on the condition of my old block? not sure you can see much in the picture.

Jay i asked AJ for a fat tune, always did that with my Harley, everything holds together much better even thou you leave some hp on the shelf. The Road King had 65,000 miles when i traded it in for the charger, still ran like a champ.

everything on the old block was stock.

I may ask them to send me the new block all dressed up to put in my living room. :D

at least i won't toast my trans etc..

thanks Sturart, my my you guys are the bomb best thanks for the picture.

It's a Walbro 262 400LPH. They've been proven good up to 700+ RWHP.

i think i'm going to be about 489hp (NOT) it should be good. *ninja*