Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redgreen

Newish Member, Engine Build Suggestions Please.

I am putting together an International Scout and will be putting a Gen III hemi into it.

I don't have everything I need yet, but let me give you a list of what I have and maybe I can get some suggestions on how to finish it:

New Hellcat Bare Block

Thitek 1.65" valve heads

Manley pro series rods- 300m material

Manley platinum pistons

Molnar 3.900 crankshaft

As is sits now, this will make 410 cubes and 10.7:1 compression. I plan on using the Mopar plug and play ecu kit for older cars.

I need to know what to get to finish this off. Keep it N/A, or super/turbocharge?

With the right cam, what should this make N/A?  

What could it make if it was blown?  

Will it need main cap studs?  

Thank you to anyone who cares to help answer!

I am putting together an International Scout and will be putting a Gen III hemi into it.

I don't have everything I need yet, but let me give you a list of what I have and maybe I can get some suggestions on how to finish it:

New Hellcat Bare Block

Thitek 1.65" valve heads

Manley pro series rods- 300m material

Manley platinum pistons

Molnar 3.900 crankshaft

As is sits now, this will make 410 cubes and 10.7:1 compression. I plan on using the Mopar plug and play ecu kit for older cars.

I need to know what to get to finish this off. Keep it N/A, or super/turbocharge?

With the right cam, what should this make N/A?

What could it make if it was blown?

Will it need main cap studs?

Thank you to anyone who cares to help answer![/quote?

Jeez that's a nice motor for a scout 2.9 Whipple would push it towards 1000 whp

Thanks- don't know if I would need that much power lol - what would a magnuson do for this engine? I can get one locally for a song.

it's hard to say I'm no expert on blower setups but I would think 600-700 whp depending on how much boost you plan on making

No doubt a Magnuson would get the job done, really depends on how far you want to go. If you can get the maggy cheap, I would say do that and you will most likely be a pretty happy camper.

I can get the magnuson new, unused in a box for $2,500.   Don't know what psi kit it is though. How much can you get out of one of these?

Lets put it this way, if I can make more steam than a hellcat I will be happy!

14 psi is about all they will do. Maybe 15 tops

What version magnuson? Waffle case? If it is complete with inner cooler and all that is a SMOKIN deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's the waffle case!  With intercooler.  Does magnuson make a different case for it?  Some of the gen III websites I go to show different cases.

wow for that money if you don't let me know i may buy it.. that is smokin deal.

yes on the case.. arrington performance which MAGNUSON SUPERCHARGERS PURCHASED a few yrs ago, they offer what is called the SLP CASE.  if you go to www.shophemi.com you can see it.

i have found out over the last couple yrs that parts for it for the most part is the same. BUT there is a few little differences between that case and the standard waffle case..   The waffle case is strictly a magnuson supercharger.. the SLP case is made for arrington by magnuson.

either way.. if it is complete with innercooler coolant pump hoses ect ect for that price. you should pick it up TODAY! 

to put it in perspective. the drive snout on the supercharger ( where the pulley bolts up to ) that alone is 500 bucks. if you need to replace it.  so just that in itself is 20% of the price of that supercharger.  GREAT DEAL FOR SURE

Well I figure I am going to get this magnuson blower.  I would like to change the case to the other style, got to get a price on that one.

So will this engine go toe to toe with a hellcat for power? Less blower for sure but more cubes and better heads.

No it won't go head to head, lb per lb of boost. You won't make that much boost on those cubes with a maggy. But you're still looking at the low 600's at the wheel. There's a great deal of other considerations to take into account other then just laying down a number. Putting together a 1000rwhp motor isn't THAT hard but without everything else in place to support it, it's totally worthless.

What do you plan on running for a trans, transfer, diffs and axles?