Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
budoboy

Anyone Make Rear Lower Control Arm Without Spring Perch?

Well shit manny how bout I sent you the jig instead and save ya several hours. ;). lol.

Btw Jeff for my design there's no weight savings to be had. That stocker might look heavy but it really isn't. The only reason I developed mine was for the minitub stuff. Basically the only gain the be had is the ability to run a coil over under the body verses the outboard location for a wider tire.

Well let me tell you the downside. It's the fucking spearical bearings they use at the knuckle side. I have not ever found a supplier and have to deal with finding used stock control arms for the donor part. The bearing it's self isn't hard to deal with, matter of fact miller has the right tool for removal and installation. It's the gawd damn rubber boot that's a real PITA. I'd say one out of every four ends up torn. Tell ya what. I'll draw it up and send it to you. Both sides are the same so there's no magic to the fan aspect. And when I built the jig all I used was a stock arm, then determined my folcrum point for the lower shock mount and went from there.

I had several conversations with RideTec a couple years back about turning over the design. My design would really benefit the air ride guys to. But they didn't feel the market would support the product and I believe that as well. It's just another low niche deal.