Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Goehner

Who Would Really Buy A Convertible?

I had one and it sucked, probably cause Nebraska weather sucks, but anyway..........

http://www.autotrader.com/car-news/autotrader-find-dodge-challenger-hellcat-convertible-for-100000-261446

261446.jpg

Since its inception in 2008, the Dodge Challenger has only been offered as a coupe. A couple of years ago, the Challenger added a 707-horsepower "Hellcat" version to the lineup. It, too, has only been available as a coupe ... until now.

Behold, this 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. It's finished in Chrysler's unique "Plum Crazy" exterior color, it has a white-and-black interior -- and it's been converted into a convertible for drivers who want a little open-air motoring to go along with their 700 horsepower. Admit it: If you're even slightly into convertibles, this thing is the best of all worlds.

Offered by Vero Beach Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Vero Beach, Florida, and converted by a company called "Drop Top Customs," this particular Hellcat Convertible has covered just 1,461 miles in its lifetime. More importantly, it's priced at $99,999 -- a massive increase over a standard Hellcat, which starts around $64,000 with shipping. Still, it's rather unique.

It also begs the question of: Why didn't Dodge make this thing in the first place? The Challenger's lines lend themselves so perfectly to a convertible, and convertible-converted Challengers -- there are many -- all look like factory Chrysler jobs. Given that this car has been on sale, largely unchanged, for nearly a decade, it seems like a missed opportunity -- especially since its primary rivals, the Chevrolet Camaro and Ford Mustang, both offer drop-top variants.

Fortunately, you won't have to think about all that stuff if you get this particular drop-top Hellcat. You may have to consider the warranty, though: I'm not exactly sure that "cutting off the roof" is one of the modifications you can make without voiding the warranty.

i miss my 87 monte T TOP CAR.. loved it.. convertables..  nope.. 

plus can you imagine how much more the car would weight if they did a convertable, it would have to be braced up for no pillars.. damb thin would be north of 5,000 lbs lol

My wife has a convertible mustang GT, with the top up it is quiet and warm. My self i wouldnt have purchased my challenger in a convertible even if it had been available . 

I talked to Droptop about it back when mine was still new, but ragtops don't work here either. Except this week, one would be awesome!

Considering that DTC charges $18k for the mod, the listed price is crazy!

post-748-0-15028600-1486338239_thumb.jpg

This is one of the Coolest No Top Cars we owned, I can't wait for the weather to be nice to take it out!

John loved his Superformance Cobra Replica Car.

Actually I also own a 2007 Saturn Sky Redlined and it has a Turbo. It was a car I wanted and of course John had to make sure I had all the Power and Yes I actually shift the car, just like the Cobra :)

My Granson Brandon has always loved my Saturn. He say's it's the Coolest car in the garage. lol

He certainly isn't Chase........Chase is like his Pop and He  Love's to see the Racing of the modern Hemi.

He will be attending CF8 :)

Linda :)

attachicon.gif100_1392.JPG

This is one of the Coolest No Top Cars we owned, I can't wait for the weather to be nice to take it out!

John loved his Superformance Cobra Replica Car.

Actually I also own a 2007 Saturn Sky Redlined and it has a Turbo. It was a car I wanted and of course John had to make sure I had all the Power and Yes I actually shift the car, just like the Cobra :)

My Granson Brandon has always loved my Saturn. He say's it's the Coolest car in the garage. lol

He certainly isn't Chase........Chase is like his Pop and He  Love's to see the Racing of the modern Hemi.

He will be attending CF8 :)

Linda :)

I have said many times that the Sky Redline is the most gorgeous car to come from GM ever. Just an absolute beauty.

2007-saturn-sky-redline03.jpg

I have said many times that the Sky Redline is the most gorgeous car to come from GM ever. Just an absolute beauty.

2007-saturn-sky-redline03.jpg

Chuck a friend of mine at work has a black one, they shipped it to a shop that put a 450hp LS V8 with a tremec trans in it. It's quite a lil ride. :)