Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Goehner

Mopar 17

http://www.car24news.com/mopar-celebrates-80-years-with-limited-edition-dodge-challenger/

Mopar Celebrates 80 Years With Limited-Edition Dodge Challenger

Mopar is celebrating its 80th birthday with the introduction of the limited-edition Dodge Challenger, which will offer an exclusive Mopar Custom Shop and hand-painted exterior features.2017-Mopar-Dodge-Challenger-Limited-Edit
The Mopar ’17 Dodge Challenger is eighth limited-edition, Mopar-modified vehicle delivered straight from the factory since 2010. The first was the Mopar ’10 Challenger, followed by the Mopar ’11 Charger, Mopar ’12 300, Mopar ’13 Dart, Mopar ’14 Challenger, Mopar ’15 Dodge Charger R/T and Mopar ’16 Ram Rebel.
The Mopar ’17 Dodge Challenger will be available with a pair of hand-painted, custom trim options. Only 80 units will be available in Pitch Black/Contusion Blue, with another 80 in Pitch Black/Billet Silver. Both models will feature special Mopar 392 logo, also hand-painted as well as Pitch Black paint across the hood, roof, pillars and decklid. 2017-Mopar-Dodge-Challenger-Limited-Edit

Power is provided by the 6.4-liter HEMI V8 that pumps out 485 hp and 475 lb.-ft. of torque complemented by Mopar cold air intake for an additional performance boost and is aided by an air catcher duct system via the headlamp. There’s also Shaker Hood package by Mopar, which provides performance gains with a hint of vintage styling. To increase rigidity and handling of the Mopar ’17 Dodge Challenger, the engineers outfitted the engine with silver powder-coated Mopar Shaker strut tower braces. Helping power transfer to the wheels is the same six-speed manual transmission from the base Dodge Challenger R/T 392, while stopping power comes from four-piston Brembo brakes.2017-Mopar-Dodge-Challenger-Limited-Edit
Inside, the limited-edition comes equipped with performance seats, customized with Tungsten Mopar logos and contrast stitching, which continues throughout the vehicle, touching the door panels and additional interior areas.
The limited-edition vehicles will be available in both the U.S. and Canada, with a U.S and each is priced at $56,885. It will arrive at the selected dealerships in early second quarter of 2017.

Or spend just a few thousand more and get a Hellcat.  I really don't think these special editions are going to be worth as much as real 70's special editions are worth now a days.

Just look at 2008 SRTs, Mopar 10s......  With that said, the only "special edition's" I thought would hold their value would be drag packs.  Even than, are v10 Drag packs holding their values?

Sorry to my buddy Notsure, but I think the Kowalski's hold very little interest to but a tiny handful of Vanishing Point fans. Just not much meaningful in the package except a dash plaque. Though being a one of 10 COPO might mean something in thirty years. 

There hasn't been to many modern cars that have gone up in price after production stopped. I don't think the challenger will be one. Maybe the 08's as they were the first year and numbered but again I doubt it and if so only # 1 & #2 & #43. As we know who bought them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Along the same line. I saw my dealer today and he said they still had a 16 HC that they would take invoice minus holdback just to move it. Funny because they were always one that wanted stupid money over sticker and now they cant move them at all.