Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

What's Up With This?

2016_vds_rank_1.jpg

Camaro guys throw this around in all the Hellcat and Demon threads over on C6.com.  Doesn't feel representative of the quality I've enjoyed from my Challenger.

Fucking JD Power...here's how they judge things.

The Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) examines issues reported by original owners of 3-year-old vehicles. This study measures car reliability by analyzing problems experienced over the past 12 months of ownership in such areas as: features and controls; engine and transmission;entertainment and navigation; heating and cooling; the overall driving experience, and more. For ratings and information about the most reliable cars, click on a category below.

So if someone finds the Uconnect/MyGig confusing..it's a mark down.  AC doesn't blow cold enough? Mark down. Heater not warm enough? Mark Down. HVAC controls confusing? Mark Down. HVAC controls not intuitive enough? Mark down. 

Navigation confusing? Mark down. Navigation slow? Mark down. 

It's not just big stuff like rear end failures, dropped valves, shredded synchros...etc..it's cars not being able to account for dumb as shit people who like to bitch. 

Only real issue I've had was a water pump locking up around 75k. Other than that, my car has been trouble free...and I can't say I baby it either

7F6F7813-F2F6-48D5-A4D0-94458F4F5854_zps

God dam dude !! Drive much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have over 400000kms on my 05 magnum rt never had any issues and only had to replace regular wearcand tear parts. Dont read too much into JD Power stats.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Probably got most of the data from my wife's piece of shit truck.  Been in and out for electrical ghosts and a few other reasons over 15 times in its 25k mile life.  Although, my truck (55k+ miles) and the car (33k+ HARD miles) have never been in for warranty service. 

Only real issue I've had was a water pump locking up around 75k. Other than that, my car has been trouble free...and I can't say I baby it either

7F6F7813-F2F6-48D5-A4D0-94458F4F5854_zps

Just wait until you get that motor broken in Chris then you will really feel the power :PB) .

Holy hell Murray. Are you talking your original woo's or is this a new one? And so where does life find you now a days. If you happen to get yourself in trouble in SoCal, don't hesitate to reach out.

Wifes 2012 Charger R/T at 50K miles just had the 220A alternator shit the bed, also had a blend door actuator go bad $25 part I fixed myself. Now another one of those cheap POS actuators is bad on the passenger side. Not impressed with this one.

I wasn't specifically asking about every niggle everybody has had with their car.  I was mainly interested in the background on that JD Power chart.  For Dodge to be listed the bottom of the barrel has to have some background associated.  I thought Dodge were POS before I got my Challenger to be honest and it's been a great car.  

The Fiat takeover has had some good and bad sides to it. Im afraid their goal is to make and take as much money as possible while they can, I hope that isnt the case but quality needs to be paramount. The other side of that is suppliers, my alternator is a made in Japan Denso, the actuators are ????? They may need to make their suppliers more accountable. I think the engine/transmission side is the best its ever been. Look at the IHI superchargers on the Hellcats, SUPPLIER needs to step up its fucking game. But the end result is Fiat taking it on the chin until the case gets settled.