Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

New Upgrade Path

26 posts in this topic

http://modernmoparforum.com/topic/18745-srt-demon-8-race-hardened-parts/?hl=demon

Hardened rear end, 41 spline axles, upgraded drive shaft.

Also, a nice look at the rear seat delete.  I was gonna build one, but I may hold off and see if I can just order this one.

We also see Micah's harness bar that Dodge re-branded Demon.  Micah was the guy that had the catch cans at CF4 I think.  All Angle Design is his company and he made a bunch of stuff for Arrington etc.  he lives local to me.  Somebody screwed him on the bar and he only got paid like $400 and now Dodge is using it in the Demon.  Dodge also screwed him on the road course car a few years ago if you guys remember that.  He was on the forum.

Hell Thats nothing but I deeply sympathize with the guy. Back when I built the Texas minitub car the SRT engineers asked me why I had opened up the bottom grill and I explained to them all the exact reason including air flow Calcs for heat exchangers and other factors. Well whatta ya know the next year brought on the revised fascia as well as the mopar ten addition which copied not only my paint scheme but the red color as well. What cracks me up about their color choice is I used ford laser red and mopar matched it exactly. Everytime I see a 10 edition it burns my ass.

Oh and then in 15 after we unveiled the air ride system I built for fatchance V3 with the floating mount design and hidden wiring the air ride company copied my mount and brought it out as a production offerings and is now also offering a different style of hinden wiring then what I did but the same premise. I could go on and on about certain companies ripping off designs but fuck it. Between Lisa, razors edge and the moroso family nothing is safe and hadn't been for many years.

Its unfortunate if that guy really did get ripped of by SpeedLogix. I remember having a very similar design bar (fabricated in house) in a Ford Focus I raced back in 2005. That concept has been around a while. I can sympathize though. Tuning is no better. You help a guy out with a problem he is having, then he gets on the internet talking about how great he is at doing what you just taught him. All the sudden he's the hero when you've been doing the same stuff for years. Needless to say, those people don't get phone calls answered anymore... Now that HPTuners is out its even worse because even though you lock a cal in Diablo, its not locked to HP. Nothing is protected from your competition anymore.

J

That car was spectacular, Cam...really.  

I'm all for the weather gal :D

J - good stuff, buddy.  Look forward to seeing you and the Mrs next month.

HS

They and I do mean THEY as in SX and REM screwed Mikah out of the $400 as well.  Shady and always has been now the light is on.  The worst part was throwing A.A.D under the bus on a product he was not even affialited with anymore nor supplying them with and he had not worked with them in some time.  This is the SX way tho anything to avoid taking responsibility.  Yep I don't care vendor hat on or not fuck them.  

http://modernmoparforum.com/topic/18745-srt-demon-8-race-hardened-parts/?hl=demon

Also, a nice look at the rear seat delete.  I was gonna build one, but I may hold off and see if I can just order this one.

We also see Micah's harness bar that Dodge re-branded Demon.  Micah was the guy that had the catch cans at CF4 I think.  All Angle Design is his company and he made a bunch of stuff for Arrington etc.  he lives local to me.  Somebody screwed him on the bar and he only got paid like $400 and now Dodge is using it in the Demon.  Dodge also screwed him on the road course car a few years ago if you guys remember that.  He was on the forum

Hell Thats nothing but I deeply sympathize with the guy. Back when I built the Texas minitub car the SRT engineers asked me why I had opened up the bottom grill and I explained to them all the exact reason including air flow Calcs for heat exchangers and other factors. Well whatta ya know the next year brought on the revised fascia as well as the mopar ten addition which copied not only my paint scheme but the red color as well. What cracks me up about their color choice is I used ford laser red and mopar matched it exactly. Everytime I see a 10 edition it burns my ass.

Oh and then in 15 after we unveiled the air ride system I built for fatchance V3 with the floating mount design and hidden wiring the air ride company copied my mount and brought it out as a production offerings and is now also offering a different style of hinden wiring then what I did but the same premise. I could go on and on about certain companies ripping off designs but fuck it. Between Lisa, razors edge and the moroso family nothing is safe and hadn't been for many years.

I remember that shit show Cam.  And what you type is 100% correct.  I'll see you in a few days too and trying to get Trojan to come out he is in SoCal unitl the 23rd

The whole sorrid BS crap what happened to Mikah and A.A.D is right here too https://www.facebook.com/mikahb/posts/10155108968818069?pnref=story

I have been chatting with Mikah for some time and knew how dirty they were to him. He chose to take the high road and say nothing for a very long time until they in typical SX fashion started patting themselves on the back concerning the accomplishment that they "co-opted" and stole.  

Too bad the fine people at SX fucked that magazine up they could have put it all in print for everyone in the next issue lol.  

We also see Micah's harness bar that Dodge re-branded Demon.  Micah was the guy that had the catch cans at CF4 I think.  All Angle Design is his company and he made a bunch of stuff for Arrington etc.  he lives local to me.  Somebody screwed him on the bar and he only got paid like $400 and now Dodge is using it in the Demon.  Dodge also screwed him on the road course car a few years ago if you guys remember that.  He was on the forum.

^^ and then threw him under the bus to absolve themselve for an issue with parts they had copied.  Anyone remember how long it was on back order the control amrs and such?  I do it because the plug was pulled on them.  

The VERY good news is All Angles has launced their online site and you can buy directly from them now.  

smh 

something we can definite agree on Don.  What has happened is as dirty as can be.  Takes scum bagging to a whole new level. I''m waiting for Mr. doesnt work there but works there to come in crying like a bitch for an admin....

Oh yea just fyi......speedlogix bought Razors edge

Speedlogix doesn't "buy" shit.  They take over your sales department.  Last time I saw on the Zoomers gig that had not been a completed transaction either as of last year lol.  I'm pretty coinfident Frank still held the patent on that setup.  I'll find out in a few days when I can ask direct. 

You and I both know Lisa V. She got dicked around so bad on her Zoomers deal. Thankfully she kept good records and got her money back but they ignored her, then made a veiled effort to throw her under the bus but you know Ambassador Lee doesn't back down lol.  She had to track down Frank the prior owner to even start to get some help on the issues she was having.  Well documented from last year both on her page and in a couple car related pages on the social webs.  

Oh yea just fyi......speedlogix bought Razors edge

Yep more double talk from the owner of SX see post 10 I knew that they had not fully aquired Zoomers as of that time frame last October.  Looks like she was throwing Frank under the bus there too in this entire thread ("former" owner of Zoomers).  I wonder why the mufflers didn't ship maybe SX forgot to pay that bill too.  http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php/384027-Zoomers-Rattle-warranty?highlight=zoomers

Hey guys, late to the party as is normal for me.  Honestly, just don't get on forums too much anymore - not enough hours in the day!

Anyway, just wanted to clear one thing up - nobody at Dodge/FCA had anything to do with ripping off my Harness Bar design for the Demon - it was 100% Razors Edge and their new "parent company" Speedlogix.  I am still in touch with many of the folks at SRT (the ones that are left anyway!) who we worked on the GRAND-AM project with and they are all really stand-up folks who are genuinely interested in building bad-ass cars for the rest of us to play with.

So, thanks to all of you for the support, and assuming our suspension parts don't get ripped off by another company (I am hearing they will be), we will be sending about $2500 worth of goodies to the next ChallengerFest for raffle prizes.  Really hope to make the event in person, but we have relocated to Kansas so it's a bit longer haul than it used to be! :)