Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BayouTiger

Cf8 Gun Range Thread

I know we are racing on both Friday and Saturday, but we still managed to get a nice few hours in at the range on Thursday afternoon. The range has become kind of a staple for the trip and I would like to keep it going. The folks at Rockcastle Shooting Center have been very easy to deal with the last two years and I am sure they would welcome us back, but I like to try to give them a heads up on headcount.

So who's in? What you bringing? Long guns/Pistols?

I probably won't bring the entire arsenal but can take requests.

Pistols

45ACP - XD, XDs, Kimber Compact, Sig TacOps 1911, Sig P320

9mm - Beretta PX4, Sig P320, Sig P226 Legion, Kimber Solo

380 - Sig P238, Browning 1911-380

.357 - S&W Model 19, 66

.38spec - S&W Lady Smith

.22 - Ruger SR22, Browning 1911-22

Long

9mm - Beretta CX4

556 - Steyr AUG, Sig 556, Bushmaster, M&P, Ruger Mini14

7.62 - Ruger Mini30, Yugo AK

.30cal - M1

20ga Moss Tactical

Lots of other hunting rifles/shotguns but nothing exciting except several old militarySpringfield/ Enfield/Winchesters. I may see if I can get some 38-40 and shoot the old 1873, been in the family for decades and I've never fired it.

I'm in. I got a few new guns I want to shot.

44 mag raging bull

The Judge

Sig 40 cal

30/30 Winchester

And various other 9mm's and 40 cals.

Would love to but I don't think we will get into Bowling Green till 2pm or so. What time were you planning on going? That way I can ask the rest of the group if they would like to go. Thanks

I have spoken with the folks at Rockcastle and we are set for Thursday afternoon. I am thinking 2:30 or 3 or so.

Thanks I will let the group know to see if any are interested in going...maybe we can arrive earlier. Chuck how much is it to shoot?

Grampa Greg sold his 44 magnum (sweet gun) wants it back but no,   so that's that.  still have a 45 kimber custom 45,  but this year i'll be a day late. Usually showed up on tuesday meeting Earl.   sob beat me there 4 years in a row. pisser.. :P:D :D :D

Thanks I will let the group know to see if any are interested in going...maybe we can arrive earlier. Chuck how much is it to shoot?

I know Michelle wants to go. And if you allcan make it I will be incuding specific guns for her to try out.

I know Michelle wants to go. And if you allcan make it I will be incuding specific guns for her to try out.

Thanks Lisa. I'm trying to get the convoy to leave Atlanta a little earlier so that we can get there in time for the range. I will keep ya updated.

Ok I am in for the range for sure, just picked up some .454 Casul for the new Alaskan.

Ok I am in for the range for sure, just picked up some .454 Casul for the new Alaskan.

.454 casual???!!!!! Hahahahaha!!! Wtf you going to do with that thing??? lol!!!!! That is so over the top!!!! I love it :)

.454 casual???!!!!! Hahahahaha!!! Wtf you going to do with that thing??? lol!!!!! That is so over the top!!!! I love it :)

After the 44. Magnum Alaskan and my .500 Magnum I am not expecting it to be over the top. Hope I am pleasantly surprised.

After the 44. Magnum Alaskan and my .500 Magnum I am not expecting it to be over the top. Hope I am pleasantly surprised.

454 is very docile compared to a .44mag.

No more than the .500 S$W! I saw one the other day and it was all I could do to resist!!!

Same here Chuck, I've fondled one numerous times, even shot a buddies and havent talked myself into buying one yet.

Was going to bring my Kimber gold Match  to sell but no buyers. also my pre ban colt Ar15 Gold Match Sporter.  LOOKING FOR  700 HP AXLES, DRIVE SHAFT, AND GETRAG. .

Something about the $20.00 per reload makes me pass!

(So far) :)

RELOADING IS SORTA FUN IN THE COLD WINTER MONTHS. sorry for shouting.

Probably not going to be able to make it to the range as our departure time has been pushed back by 2 hours. So that puts there around 4 if we're lucky