Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Fuel System Question

I've got the Fore dual pump hat with twin 255LPH GT supercar pumps.  Silent and works great.

I've been thinking of something extra and checked fuel pressure at the rail.  I have a sensor on the driver side at the threaded port in the rail connected back to my Aeroforce analog input 2.  At idle I'm seeing 62-63psi.  At WOT I'm seeing 52-53psi.  Stock fuel lines all around, no return, no nothing.  

I think that's enough overhead for another 100 or so HP without any fuel system changes.

Thoughts?

Greg, all of it :)

I remember Erik saying you could run a bigger line from the tank to the fuel rail and it would help, but I'm a keep it simple stupid mentality and don't wanna mess with it if I have enough.

Your maxed right now jay. Those two pumps are fine for what you have and where you're headed. It's the stock 5/16 line that creating too much head pressure thus reducing your pressure. It's pretty easy to upgrade to a -8 from the stock fuel hat and will make all the difference in the world. If you need the part number for the hat adapter to -8 let me know.

Greg, all of it :)

I remember Erik saying you could run a bigger line from the tank to the fuel rail and it would help, but I'm a keep it simple stupid mentality and don't wanna mess with it if I have enough.

Secrets ... oh....

Your maxed right now jay. Those two pumps are fine for what you have and where you're headed. It's the stock 5/16 line that creating too much head pressure thus reducing your pressure. It's pretty easy to upgrade to a -8 from the stock fuel hat and will make all the difference in the world. If you need the part number for the hat adapter to -8 let me know.

Erik ran a new line when I upgraded to the Whipple....don't recall the size for sure but think it was a -8.

That's what I was thinking.  If you guys have info on the line/adapter/etc I'd appreciate it.  I've not looked back there to see how the line connects to the tank.

You could bring it to OST Dyno for a Fore triple pump and full system install. A 4.0 Whipple, shortblock, and 200hp shot of N2O would compliment that nicely ;)

You could bring it to OST Dyno for a Fore triple pump and full system install. A 4.0 Whipple, shortblock, and 200hp shot of N2O would compliment that nicely ;)

Thats what he will need at CF8 just sayin. :D

lol no time for all of that before CF8 ;)

Greg and I are talking cam options though. The rumbler looks interesting.

My my , jay are you upgrading/modifying without telling me, i was open with  my upgrades and for a race, but seeing  your  recent posts i'm not sure your going to be what i thought you would be. , not hp or current TQ.  So with my unsure ability to drive this beast,        i will ask you  to race you for pinks. :o

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... not:

lets go for drinks at the parking lot. :D

Like cam said, replace the factory line.  The stock fuel line system has two big choke points in it that once removed will result in big increases in flow. One is located in the connectors associated with the factory line where it transitions from the plastic main line to a shaped/flexible adapter line that connects to the fuel rails.  Replacing the line from the fuel hat to the fuel rail, even with -6 will show gains.  

The second big restriction is in the passenger side fuel filter hat where a check ball/spring sit within the plastic nipple feeding fuel from the primary fuel hat on the drivers side.  Removing that check ball/spring and then drilling out that nipple to a full 1/4 will also show gains.  With that said you will want to put a larger free flowing check ball assembly in the new line going from the tank to the rails.  If you do not, then you often have to turn the key on/off once before you try to start the car, to prime the fuel rails.  To me it was no big deal but someone who doesn't know your car will have a hard time starting it.  Bonus!   :)

Hope that helps,

Chris

DSC01289-1.jpg

Thanks for the info.  I found this from HHP that looks like a full kit with all the fittings and line.  It's less then what I can piece it together for from what I've found.  The HHP kit looks like push on fittings, and the others I've found are swivel and a little more.

Seems the stock hat is 3/8 so not much more to be gained going larger than -6, and in my mind -6 will be easier to run through the tight spaces up around the exhaust.

https://www.highhorseperformance.com/HHP_Racing_Quick_Connect_oem_6_Factory_Fuel_Line_p/hhp-fuelline.htm

Gonna check with Micah at OST to see what he has as well.

Tell me what I'm missing.

Go with Teflon lines. Avoid the gas smell.

Thanks, I remember that now!  

Well, thought that would be easy, but apparently it's not.  Where do yo guys get your teflon line?  I guess Dupont owns the word "teflon" so PTFE is the right designation.  Finding 18-20 feet of -6 SS braided PTFE wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

The stuff HHP sells says it recommends says this:

1. Blue Parker Fuel Line: Recommended due to it's versatility, longevity and highly reduced "breathing", i.e. fuel smell. Synthetic rubber tube is covered with one layer of textile braid, combined with an outer layer of synthetic colored rubber. 250 psi. maximum pressure. Temperature range -40° to +212° F

Jay, I also have the FORE dual fuel hat and Erik had me do a return system when it was installed. These are the part numbers I used.

RUS-611223 X2

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rus-611223

AER-FCC0620 X1

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aer-fcc0620

FRA-689006-BL X2

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-689006-bl

RUS-644123 X2

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rus-644123