Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ajh10146

392 Intake Swap

I just completed my 392 intake swap on my 5.7.  I need to know where this port gets connected to. see attached pic.  white arrow.    can anyone answer this for me?

post-5693-0-71808700-1489952318_thumb.jpg

I farmed this project out to the most capable shop in my region as I'm not a mechanic or an automotive electrician. They are stumped. Firstly:

1. They can't see any need for the circuit boss?

2. They seemed stumped as to the configuration of the runners before power is added. To them it seems random. They can hear the runner motor "click" when power is applied, but, are unaware of which runner is activated. Is the natural configuration to be in long runner mode? Then the window switch changes it to short runner @ 4600RPM?

My clock is ticking as my vehicle is in the shop as I type. Can anyone shed light on this? Are they overthinking this? Or do you have to determine the orientation of the runners, first? Or lastly, do I have no mechanical understanding of this process?

Confused,

Mark

The runners are in long runner mode by default. If you had a dyno you could run it up with the runners short and then again with the runners long. Where the paths cross is where you want the runners to switch from long to short. This would also confirm which runner you have as a default in case they did something different with the wiring.