Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Linda's FF

9.151@150.23 Mph W T G Josh! Getting Closer To Tout's Goal For His " Top Cat"

Thanks BigKlieb34

World Record #1 A8  9.151@150.23 mph !! + getting closer to Tout's Goal!

8.xx Stock Trans, Stock short Block!

clear.png

The Spring weather has finally arrived and I was very excited for Josh, Kate and I to be getting John's Mighty Challenger   "Top Cat" Raising some Hell at the track!!!!!

Kate and I arrived early Saturday morning to HHP!

We help Josh finish loading the trailers and then off we drove to Cecil County Dragway. The weather turned out to be a nice day and the crowd for T&T was huge. We see many of HHP's customers/friends parked in Pits close by. They are a Great Group of Racers to hang out with! :)

We got the the trailers unloaded and our cars ready to go. Another HC customer  was also meeting Josh for the T&T of his car. Nice customer, but he didn't want to run his car!!!!!!  :o

Now besides Top Cat to T&T Josh would also need to run that car down the track for him too.

Although Kate kept raising her hand and saying  "I'll run it" .. "I'll run it"  She is a lot like her Dad and still wants to go Faster!  <3

It is amazing to me how relaxed Josh looks and takes everything in stride !

( Which keeps me calm, as it's been hard for me to get back into the racing groove)

It was a usual kind of day at the track for Josh as he was handling things like a 6 speed gear shift!

Potential new customers coming into our Pit, people stopping by just to say hello + wanting to take pictures and he is also there helping many of his regular customers too answering there questions about their tunes. But I know he's got to be thinking how much he wants to succeed for John's goal and has to be hiding all the tenseness he must feel!

The shift changed and he got Top Cat prepped and ready to make the 1st run of  2017 down the Drag Way.
As I wait and watch in the staging lanes, I am thinking how John thought Tuning would be the  "KEY" for his goal to be achieved.  I am remembering how he counted on Josh's ability and he pushed him and believe me that pressure was strong!  Oh yeah, I know because I was relaying John's thoughts in texts to Josh.

In return Josh took the goal to heart! He has worked hard for every bit of ET and MPH!!!  

How is that being achieved ?  By how Josh constantly  continues to search through the tuning tables and also with his Crew at HHP. They work in tandem and have always  kept Tout's car on the track with Go Fast parts for the R&D and the T&T.

This was a very Tuff Challenge between the 2 and they new to "Stay the Course" !!!!

World Record # 2  Fastest Blower Only Pass 9.44@144.83 clear.pngclear.pngclear.pngclear.pngclear.png

This record was also a couple of nanos better!

But Ohhhh That's Right!!!!! "Those Nano's Will Always Getcha Every Time !!!" clear.png;) 
( You might remember when they got me  Top Cat 9.70 Me 9.71 and at that time  if I wanted to gain the worlds Fastest title.......John said I had to work for it, believe me I tried :) ) 

I love John's goal as much as he did and I'm excited to see as the reality of it getting closer!

We do now have the Prayer and Wing from Heaven watching out for us ;)

We are really hoping to finish and meet the goal as Tout wanted it. B)

John had purchased last summer parts he wanted installed to continue on with the R&D. and they are being T&T'd.
But in case a limit is found, John gave Josh and I instructions on what how he wanted done.

Engine -  of course John wanted us to have one built by Tony's BES co.The Best Hemi Builder there is ! 

Trans - John wanted a Built Southern Hot Rod to be installed The Best and Leader for our Modern Hemi's.

Josh has been progressing some more with  "Top Cat "  John's mighty Hell Cat Challenger.

Listen to the video and see what you think. Can hear how much better it sounds? That has a lot to do with some new things Josh has discovered with the Tuning Tablesclear.pngB) 
Yes Exactly John said  a Smart Hemi Tuner is the "KEY" !  

Top Cat will be out again soon.

This has made "All" of us Tout's Very Proud of Josh .......Yes John is Smiling and Pushing!!!! lol

Lindaclear.png:)

Top Cat sounds bad a$$ Linda. So very happy you are so close to meeting John's goals. Even though we were in TX this weekend I was following Josh's progress on fb. So awesome!!!

Top Cat sounds bad a$$ Linda. So very happy you are so close to meeting John's goals. Even though we were in TX this weekend I was following Josh's progress on fb. So awesome!!!

Thanks Lisa,  Yes it does sound Bad A$$ lol 

John's goal is close and Top Cat is getting to the edge! I think Josh will be able to achieve it though! He really has done a tremendous job since the start!

Lisa, How did you do at the Texas mile? I hope you all had a Grand time? Once I get some thing cleared up paperwork wise, I really want to fly down and watch everyone run. Kenny is always saying I should bring my Hell Cat but, I think I would really enjoy watching the experts ;)  B) 

Linda :) 

Getting awfully close! :)

Yes it is!!!

Hey Kent,  how are you and have you gotten your Charger out for any track time?

Awesome! Just incredible what that thing is living up to!! Can't wait to see it crack the 8s :)

Thanks, Me Too!

Then it will be my turn to learn!  John asked me to race an 8 for him!!!!!!!! lol 

Not to change the subject but how did Sam do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Lisa,  Yes it does sound Bad A$$ lol 

John's goal is close and Top Cat is getting to the edge! I think Josh will be able to achieve it though! He really has done a tremendous job since the start!

Lisa, How did you do at the Texas mile? I hope you all had a Grand time? Once I get some thing cleared up paperwork wise, I really want to fly down and watch everyone run. Kenny is always saying I should bring my Hell Cat but, I think I would really enjoy watching the experts ;)  B) 

Yes it is!!!

Hey Kent,  how are you and have you gotten your Charger out for any track time?

Thanks, Me Too!

Then it will be my turn to learn!  John asked me to race an 8 for him!!!!!!!! lol 

Not to change the subject but how did Sam do ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did OK, back in the 180 mph range after getting new heads. Gossamer is just not going to make 190 mph in it's current configuration. And yes you should come down, whith or without the hellcat. The cars and bikes are amazing to watch. The Ford GT did 293.6 mph, new world record for a Ford GT, and even with 3/4 mile brake zone and a shoot had to spin the car as he ran out of room to stop. It is hard to imagine being in a car going over 100 mph faster the we were. One of the bikes did 262 mph. And unfortunately Sam had a family emergency and had to go home after only 1 run.

We did OK, back in the 180 mph range after getting new heads. Gossamer is just not going to make 190 mph in it's current configuration. And yes you should come down, whith or without the hellcat. The cars and bikes are amazing to watch. The Ford GT did 293.6 mph, new world record for a Ford GT, and even with 3/4 mile brake zone and a shoot had to spin the car as he ran out of room to stop. It is hard to imagine being in a car going over 100 mph faster the we were. One of the bikes did 262 mph. And unfortunately Sam had a family emergency and had to go home after only 1 run.

You will get Gossamer dialed in. Amazing speed for sure, I don't know if I could keep my foot in it for a Mile!

I'm sorry to hear Sam had to leave for a family emergency. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa do you go to other events besides the Texas mile or CF to run Gossamer?

You will get Gossamer dialed in. Amazing speed for sure, I don't know if I could keep my foot in it for a Mile!

I'm sorry to hear Sam had to leave for a family emergency. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa do you go to other events besides the Texas mile or CF to run Gossamer?

This year we will do the 2 Texas Mile events, CF, and Arkansas mile as long as Gossamer holds together for all 4 :). Those 4 long weekends (Wednesday-Sunday or Monday) are about about all we can get away for.

ready? lol  I got  2 weeks to goof off before I start getting ready

No goofing off for you!!!  Get those trailer tires checked out and .......the spare too :)

Looking forward to seeing you and Melissa :)