Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Speedy

Thanks Lee Brown At Laukemper And Luvmyrt

40 posts in this topic

What a wild weekend.  For the second time we purchased our vehicle from Lee Brown at Laukemper Motors, and just like the first transaction, it was fun, painless, and SUPER easy.  It is exactly how a car buying experience should be.  Lee is so laid back, and creative with ways to make the deal work, that I will be contacting him first to see if he has anything I might need in the future.  Lee, you've earned a customer for life sir.

LuvMyRT was an over the road trucker in a previous life and he decided we were going to man up and go get the Hellcat from Laukemper Motors all in one day.  He arrived at my place about 9:30pm on Friday night 3/31/2016.  We loaded up Orange Krush (which Lee now has for sale on his lot for anyone interested), and rolled out at 10pm sharp.  We drove straight through, only stopping for gas, for both the truck and our bodies, and arrived at Lee's door at 9am.  I was SHOT after the 10+ hour drive through the night.  I can't remember the last time I stayed up more than 24 hours, probably back in my Marine Corps days.  I was so tired from the trip I could barely sign my name, not joking.  

Lee showed us around, and took me on a nice planned out test drive of the 2016 Go Mango A8 Hellcat I was purchasing.  His route included a nice windy road through the country, and a quick blast down the freeway.  I knew Hellcats were fast, but OMG!  I was legitimately depressed about saying good bye to Orange Krush, but that test ride made me feel a whole lot better.  We parked the Hellcat beside Orange Krush and I definitely like the Go Mango color better.  It's a richer deeper orange.  I commented to Lee that the name wasn't quite as cool as Hemi Orange, to which he replied "what you don't think Go Mango is a cool name for a color?"  I kinda paused, and he repeated "Go Man Go".  BAM!  I'd never even thought of that, and thus the project was named.  This car will be Project:  Go Man Go :)

We chatted with Lee and his folks a bit, finished up the paper work, dropped off all the stock parts from Orange Krush to their shop for safe keeping for the new owner, loaded up the Hellcat, and off we went about 12pm.  At this point I had been awake about 29 hours and Greg roughly 32.

We trucked a long back toward TN from Mound City, MO.  About 5pm as we rolled through St. Louis, Greg said "your turn to drive".  I've pulled some trailors before, but only short distances, and not with a Hellcat on it, and not after being awake for 34 hours.  Luckily I learned quick and had not issues, and in an hour or so I was perfectly comfortable behind the wheel of Greg's Ram with the Hellcat in tow.

A couple gas stops and some snacks later, we rolled in my driveway to unload at 11:20pm.  Right at 25 hours later.  I was delirious after about 40 hours without sleep lol

Got some good rest last night and will hit the sack early tonight.  Took Go Man Go for a couple hours drive today and the more I drive that car the more I love it.  Absolutely amazing piece of engineering and just like Orange Krush, I make friends everywhere I go that want to look at it or ask questions.  

Thanks a TON to Lee for being so easy to work with and so up front with what he could and couldn't do.  Makes car deals fun and easy.  Thanks to LuvMyRT for being the big brother I never had and always being there when I need him.  

I'm whipped and hitting the rack, I'll post up some pics soon. 

Fun trip. I enjoyed it. Good to know I have a few miles left in me. You did great with the driving. I was about done for when I told you to drive. You are going to enjoy the new ride it is awesome.

Honestly I thought I'd never actually see the day when you sold orange krush. Lots of love in that car. Congrats on the new ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a fun trip! Drives like that are definitely made easier with someone else, especially if you can doze off for a few hours. My cousin and I made a straight trip from Pineville, LA to the NASCAR track in Las Vegas (with a "quick" stop at the Grand Canyon to do some sight seeing) last month in a 45ft motorhome hauling a Grand Cherokee on a 20ft trailer. Thankfully we only had to stop for fuel (perks of a motorhome), but I was beat after the 25hr+ drive since I had only gotten around 3hrs of sleep during the trip over.

Enjoy the new hellcat though! I look forward to checking it out at CF8

Not a lot different than my mad 30 hour dash to Jacksonville to get the new trailer, though I did stop for three hours for some zzz's. 

Go Man Go was the original Mopar sales slang back in the day. Vitamin C was another for that color. Sub-lime, Plum-crazy, Bahama-blue, Lemon-twist, Green-go, Tor-red etc. all cool

I'm more tired today than I was yesterday, not sure what's up with that.

First mod will be the rally stripes :)

You used up all your reserves on the drive back!

Congrats on getting OK2 home!!

Thanks again folks.  I've driven it to work every day the past two weeks.  Has some interesting things, and some stuff that should be improved.  Found out Saturday that the heat extraction vents in the hood let water pour all over the air box cover and power steer reservoir  0.o

Thanks again folks.  I've driven it to work every day the past two weeks.  Has some interesting things, and some stuff that should be improved.  Found out Saturday that the heat extraction vents in the hood let water pour all over the air box cover and power steer reservoir  0.o

lol  I can only imagine your OCD alarms going nuts!

Dude, think Q-tips and tooth brushes to clean it up LMAO

I was envisioning after the clean up you busily designing a system to keep everything dry while letting all of the heat out and looking cool! lol

....Found out Saturday that the heat extraction vents in the hood let water pour all over the air box cover and power steer reservoir  0.o

lol  I can only imagine your OCD alarms going nuts!

Exact response I was thinking ... lol