Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

asianANDY

Billet Main Caps

I'm wondering at what level should people consider upgrading to billet main caps on their 5.7/6.1 based strokers? I've been reading on the forums and saw something regarding hhp using stock main caps on majority of their builds but also read people recommending them over 800hp.

To do or not to do?

For those using billet mains, care to share what power level you're at or what you're revving to(if that even matters)?

Thanks for the replies fellas.

As much as I want to hit 4 digits, my realistic goals would be between 800-900hp unless I go balls out like John "Bottle rocket" Lewis.

I'll be more than happy with low 10s out here in this California weather.

So I decided to stay with the stock main caps, I hope I don't regret this. If anything, later down the road when it gets a refresh maybe I'll fit it with billet mains or a girdle.