Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JJhamitlon

Boost Is Coming!

248 posts in this topic
42 minutes ago, Renfrick1 said:

Nice!! I like the Alcoa’s

I got the same color car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought the Alcoa's where the best looking rims ever used on a production car, I've thought of buying a set several times in the past....pictures don't do them justice, in person they are simply awesome looking. Having a set widened would be sweet icing on the cake.

Ive had so many black vehicles over the years, every time I say no more black cars....and I end up with a black car! I swear when I first went shopping for a Challenger I wanted a white with red decals....came home with a solid black car....again...

23 hours ago, JJhamitlon said:

I always thought the Alcoa's where the best looking rims ever used on a production car, I've thought of buying a set several times in the past....pictures don't do them justice, in person they are simply awesome looking. Having a set widened would be sweet icing on the cake.

Ive had so many black vehicles over the years, every time I say no more black cars....and I end up with a black car! I swear when I first went shopping for a Challenger I wanted a white with red decals....came home with a solid black car....again...

Red is the fastest color, just saying, from a redhead, sorta....... ;)

1 hour ago, BayouTigress said:

Red is the fastest color, just saying, from a redhead, sorta....... ;)

Well I can't deny red has more fun! I did after all, marry a redhead!

9 hours ago, JJhamitlon said:

Well I can't deny red has more fun! I did after all, marry a redhead!

:)  Looks like my hubs posted pics of our set up before you made your selection, though we have replaced all the Billetech pieces with black which looks way better, and our motor is slightly larger so our hp and tq are different, but glad to see your build progressing to the point you can enjoy it now!  I just had to give you a hard time about the black car comment ;)

6 hours ago, BayouTigress said:

:)  Looks like my hubs posted pics of our set up before you made your selection, though we have replaced all the Billetech pieces with black which looks way better, and our motor is slightly larger so our hp and tq are different, but glad to see your build progressing to the point you can enjoy it now!  I just had to give you a hard time about the black car comment ;)

Thanks, it's coming along... got more plans as the summer rolls back around..but having fun! I got billet decor on my mind but it gets expensive quick without any HP gain or ET loss, so it'll prob be a future endeavor for now it's on the back burner...but it does look good!

Well damn!!! Just got back from messing around the local Challenger Club, playing on the way home with some quick runs and all of a sudden the car is leaning waaauyyy out when in boost..backed out of throttle immediately, well as quickly as my brain could comprehend what's going on.

Dont know if any damage had been done or not, I'm thinking no...but I'm freaked out for sure....

Damn maybe NA would have been less stressful!!!

Im trying to think of what could cause this problem all of a sudden...injectors, fuel pump...I can't see the tune all of a sudden changing when it's been doing fine....It was after 1st & 2nd around the 2-3 shift and it leans waaaayyy out unreadable per the gauge ( ---- ) 

**Any thoughts?!**

9 minutes ago, Renfrick1 said:

Bad wb sensor?

Well I kinda just said screw it at the time, drove home the rest of the way home without hitting any boost, went inside kicked back and talked to Patron a couple times! After that started watching Roadkill...while they were trying to fix thier project rat trap this episode...started me thinking of what's going on with it. Here's the details.

Been fine all day, did a few launches trying for grip and succeeding using the peddle...I'm pretty surprised and happy how well I can make it hook. On the way home decided to see what the 0-60 timer would do, figure not accurate. First time little wheel spin rolling into the throttle hit second very slight hop and hook, 2nd all the way to 3rd no prob, almost to the end or right in the middle engine lags ( feels like pulling timing, or maybe I'm feeling the fuel shutoff) meter pegs split second after lag and I lifted.

Now i wasn't watching the gauge the first time it happened, when I felt the engine lag my eyes went searching for the numbers..I've been watching the AFRs like a hawk since I got it back and it's been fine, I just in the last three days started being more trusting. At the event today I could watch them without being so focused on the road with it being a safe environment all was fine, perfect even.

So second time I knew I needed to be sure of the readings, made sure path was cleared and did the throttle dance and again same time engine pulled back gauge pegged, lifted. Left boost alone and rolled on home like a God fearing boy.

If it is the WB, it wouldn't fail at the same gear about the same RPM would it? It would be sporadic and fail anytime right? 

Couldn't take it anymore, had to go check it out. At idle the AFRs are sporadic now bouncing, last time was bad injector, but it's not jumping around as bad. It'll hold 14-14.3 for a bit and then drop, then come back up, rev and it's fattens way up and slowly come back up to the 14s....

No check engine light but decided to read codes, P2110 Throttle Actuator Control System -Forced Limit RPM. Checking TB connections and making sure it's clear 

**Ok let it sit and idle for awhile, took down the road, hit boost AFRs will instantly drop and then begins to climb. A2 will handle it, was hoping maybe something I could just take care of. 

We all didn't have these kind of problems back in the 60's when you just changed jets or timing, goog luck JJ that kind of shit freaks me out.

On 10/29/2017 at 8:14 AM, CruzKing said:

We all didn't have these kind of problems back in the 60's when you just changed jets or timing, goog luck JJ that kind of shit freaks me out.

Yes sir, way simplier times! This being my first Roots blower and speed density car..yeah this shit freaks me out, I just knew I'd melted a piston only after two weeks of it being home. It'll eventually come together for me.

Spoke with Eric, his guys are going to meet me again to pick up the car, so A2 is on it. Thoughts are a faulty fuel pump, which makes sense, but who knows...I'm confident A2 will figure it out...but I'd be a lie if I didn't say I'm not too confident in the cars reliability at this time...it's feels like I'm on borrowed time with the mix of a stock block and blower....but I know even if it was a forged motor it could melt a piston then too with a lean condition...so it's an unwarranted fear I suppose.

I'm beginning to loose my enchantment with the car....especially considering in the last two months I've only had the car to enjoy for two weeks.

***Im just bummed out and tired...I still love the car and still glad to have the work done, I know it'll be right eventually, just typical stuff when it comes to modding...Doesn't look like I'll make it to Rockingham...

JJ some folks build their cars over a year or two, you indeed are very much like me and want almost instant satisfaction. When it is finally done and works like it is supposed to you will forget all about these issues.

JJ i get it..  i have had my engine out 3 times. bad piston rings. had to spend another 1000 dollars on that plus other parts i didn't want to get.. then the last go around the valve seals got beat up and had to have that addressed. pulled the heads ect.. another 600 hear 500 there.. trust me. I GET IT.

at least you don't have to do the work and someone else is.  for that you should feel lucky.. but either way i understand. just hope that they find the issues and will get you back on the road.

Yeah guys it is first world problems for sure...I'm very happy and lucky to even have the opportunity to have something like this in the first place, and again A2 Speed has my back..I'm not just left out in the cold, it will be addressed that I have no doubt.

I'm better now, and I've quite whinnying now! It could be so much worse....so much worse. Please excuse me while I suck it up!! Sometimes you just gotta step back and be thankful for what you do have 

Update**

Been busy lately with work, had a bunch of overnight jobs to do and sleep has been sporadic at best. I did a 32hr work bash without any sleep in between...I just am getting to where I realize what is reality and not dream!

Anyways last Eric and I spoke the new injectors seemed promising in solving the issue and they were going to be jumping back on it..today as a matter of fact..damn just realized it was today actually...I'm about to reach out to Eric and see where we are and I'll update again properly. 

***One thing that has been baffling, the car wants to shift at a low 5400rpms instead of 5800-6k....Anyone ever run into this before? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The car starts doing that when it realizes your thinking of a hellcat.
Haha no clue but everything is in the tune

Data log it and send it to them

6 hours ago, Renfrick1 said:

The car starts doing that when it realizes your thinking of a hellcat.
Haha no clue but everything is in the tune

Data log it and send it to them

HA! I am actually at a crossroads of a sort...continue with the build ( short block, tranny, and rear ) or just enjoy as is and go for a HC next year...I'm in the middle of that mental debate right now!! Seriously been looping it in my head...matter of fact before I decided to drop the car off at A2 I came so close to buying a CTS-V, and I do mean pen in hand..had looked at a few ZL1s but unfortunately I'm 6.3 and with a sunroof the headroom sucks in the Camaro...hence one of the reasons I ended up with a Challenger in the first place ( one of the reasons, there are more..it's much better looking! ) But alas...if only I could afford to build this and buy a HC ( Charger!!! )

No need to do Data logging, car is currently at A2...has been for a bit now working out the last ( I hope ) of little issues and Gremlins. Being a first adopter is cool but also annoying!! I hope all that follow me appreciate the ground work my car has laid for them in using the 2650....I've missed this seasons fun weather for the most part..damn it!!!!

But update, Spoke with Eric...car ran great on his test, putting the car in the Dyno one last time in the mourning to check out actually shift patterns again again at RPMs and see numbers again. Crossing fingers all is good with the world and I'll see her again this week and get to play with her dirty like...once you've had a boosted RT, driving anything else sucks...and on another side note of terrible luck, I had to take my wife's new SS to the dealer for a new tranny...8100 original miles and the tranny is jacked..WTF!! So we have had no fun cars to drive for some time now, going into withdrawals....

Building a car is not for everyone. For Some of us it’s the love for the car. I’ll never get rid of mine for a hc. It means to much to me. But if you don’t have attachment to the car dump it now before you get to deep. it will never be a hellcat.

8 hours ago, Renfrick1 said:

The Building a car is not for everyone. For Some of us it’s the love for the car. I’ll never get rid of mine for a hc. It means to much to me. But if you don’t have attachment to the car dump it now before you get to deep. it will never be a hellcat.

See I know exactly what you talking about, my last build was an attachment and under the circumstances of loosing it, I swore I'd never get that attached again cause you just never know what can happen....though I'm starting to feel like that with my Challenger, already have some fond memories with the wife and my daughter associated with the car. Either way it's not like it's a bad thing...1st world issues