Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JJhamitlon

Boost Is Coming!

313 posts in this topic

Yay!! Car is ready for pick up again!! Going this weekend, taking bets on how long it last before I break something again!! lol 

I am going to concentrate on a tranny next! My GoFundMe page has zero hits, what gives!

Thanks again to A2 Speed!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2017 at 4:42 PM, JJhamitlon said:

Oh, me? I'm still waiting on a driveshaft! lol

 

 Coming from A2Speed you need a DSS , i found that out last year as the third time down the track after A2Speed update,  i twisted the drive shaft into a pretzel, lucky the local dodge dealership had me up and running the next morning.

So JJ you have spare axles?? if not i will have a set.

Also talking to the local dodge folks(great folks for sure) i asked them to bring some extra axles, drive shafts and maybe a getrag or 2 to CF9..

 . anyway glad you are now ready JJ, don't break anything more till CF9. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CruzKing said:

 

 Coming from A2Speed you need a DSS , i found that out last year as the third time down the track after A2Speed update,  i twisted the drive shaft into a pretzel, lucky the local dodge dealership had me up and running the next morning.

So JJ you have spare axles?? if not i will have a set.

Also talking to the local dodge folks(great folks for sure) i asked them to bring some extra axles, drive shafts and maybe a getrag or 2 to CF9..

 . anyway glad you are now ready JJ, don't break anything more till CF9. lol

Haven't picked up any axles yet, but keeping an eye out...thanks for keeping an eye out for me! And by race me, you mean show the personalized license plate on your car I'm assuming!! 

I do need to talk to you about your SHR though!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol......................*ninja*

 I have been all dyno and no go so far, yeah into the 10's. But i'm hoping the 305 drag radials help as i can't get out of the hole without spinning. Even launched in 2 gear still problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CruzKing said:

lol......................*ninja*

 I have been all dyno and no go so far, yeah into the 10's. But i'm hoping the 305 drag radials help as i can't get out of the hole without spinning. Even launched in 2 gear still problems.

That's torque to brag about there! Hopefully those 305 will apply that torque to the tarmac for you at CF!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric was kind enough to let me pick up yesterday, on a Sunday! The drive back was wonderful, wife in her SS lead the way.....most of the time...but the car drove smooth as silk. I actually like the way the DSS drive shaft makes the car feel...more direct and smoother. I swear it seems smoother than before. There is a little metallic hollow sound time to time at low speed,  it seriously nothing all that noticeable nor annoying. 

The ride into work this morning was an enjoyable smooth ride, akin to a GT car. I do feel as the car is much smoother feeling now. I'm happy to have her back! And again A2 Speed has been nothing but awesome to deal with, they have honestly went out of their way to help me and look out for me, it's almost like I'm part of the team, great feeling to know someone has your back and is there for you! Thanks again A2 team! A2 Speed has some really cool R&D going on Eric was kind enough to show me, really cool future coming our way in the Mopar community!

Now I'm going to peddle my pennies back some more for a tranny and rear...and SB...and...Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JJhamitlon said:

Eric was kind enough to let me pick up yesterday, on a Sunday! The drive back was wonderful, wife in her SS lead the way.....most of the time...but the car drove smooth as silk. I actually like the way the DSS drive shaft makes the car feel...more direct and smoother. I swear it seems smoother than before. There is a little metallic hollow sound time to time at low speed,  it seriously nothing all that noticeable nor annoying. 

The ride into work this morning was an enjoyable smooth ride, akin to a GT car. I do feel as the car is much smoother feeling now. I'm happy to have her back! And again A2 Speed has been nothing but awesome to deal with, they have honestly went out of their way to help me and look out for me, it's almost like I'm part of the team, great feeling to know someone has your back and is there for you! Thanks again A2 team! A2 Speed has some really cool R&D going on Eric was kind enough to show me, really cool future coming our way in the Mopar community!

Now I'm going to peddle my pennies back some more for a tranny and rear...and SB...and...Lol 

JJ, i had that also it the drive shaft rubbing on the heat/noise protection under the car. You need to get under there and flatten that shinny stuff above the drive shaft. See Speedys write up of a dss install . at the 7 minute mark.

http://www.speedysgarage.net/challengerweb/challenger_mods/challenger_dss_1000hp_ds/challenger_dss_1000hp_ds.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CruzKing said:

JJ, i had that also it the drive shaft rubbing on the heat/noise protection under the car. You need to get under there and flatten that shinny stuff above the drive shaft. See Speedys write up of a dss install . at the 7 minute mark.

http://www.speedysgarage.net/challengerweb/challenger_mods/challenger_dss_1000hp_ds/challenger_dss_1000hp_ds.html

 

Hey I'll check that out, thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now