Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JJhamitlon

Boost Is Coming!

349 posts in this topic

Yay!! Car is ready for pick up again!! Going this weekend, taking bets on how long it last before I break something again!! lol 

I am going to concentrate on a tranny next! My GoFundMe page has zero hits, what gives!

Thanks again to A2 Speed!!!

On 12/12/2017 at 4:42 PM, JJhamitlon said:

Oh, me? I'm still waiting on a driveshaft! lol

Coming from A2Speed you need a DSS , i found that out last year as the third time down the track after A2Speed update,  i twisted the drive shaft into a pretzel, lucky the local dodge dealership had me up and running the next morning.

So JJ you have spare axles?? if not i will have a set.

Also talking to the local dodge folks(great folks for sure) i asked them to bring some extra axles, drive shafts and maybe a getrag or 2 to CF9..

. anyway glad you are now ready JJ, don't break anything more till CF9. lol

1 hour ago, CruzKing said:

Coming from A2Speed you need a DSS , i found that out last year as the third time down the track after A2Speed update,  i twisted the drive shaft into a pretzel, lucky the local dodge dealership had me up and running the next morning.

So JJ you have spare axles?? if not i will have a set.

Also talking to the local dodge folks(great folks for sure) i asked them to bring some extra axles, drive shafts and maybe a getrag or 2 to CF9..

. anyway glad you are now ready JJ, don't break anything more till CF9. lol

Haven't picked up any axles yet, but keeping an eye out...thanks for keeping an eye out for me! And by race me, you mean show the personalized license plate on your car I'm assuming!! 

I do need to talk to you about your SHR though!!

lol......................*ninja*

I have been all dyno and no go so far, yeah into the 10's. But i'm hoping the 305 drag radials help as i can't get out of the hole without spinning. Even launched in 2 gear still problems.

7 minutes ago, CruzKing said:

lol......................*ninja*

I have been all dyno and no go so far, yeah into the 10's. But i'm hoping the 305 drag radials help as i can't get out of the hole without spinning. Even launched in 2 gear still problems.

That's torque to brag about there! Hopefully those 305 will apply that torque to the tarmac for you at CF!!

Eric was kind enough to let me pick up yesterday, on a Sunday! The drive back was wonderful, wife in her SS lead the way.....most of the time...but the car drove smooth as silk. I actually like the way the DSS drive shaft makes the car feel...more direct and smoother. I swear it seems smoother than before. There is a little metallic hollow sound time to time at low speed,  it seriously nothing all that noticeable nor annoying. 

The ride into work this morning was an enjoyable smooth ride, akin to a GT car. I do feel as the car is much smoother feeling now. I'm happy to have her back! And again A2 Speed has been nothing but awesome to deal with, they have honestly went out of their way to help me and look out for me, it's almost like I'm part of the team, great feeling to know someone has your back and is there for you! Thanks again A2 team! A2 Speed has some really cool R&D going on Eric was kind enough to show me, really cool future coming our way in the Mopar community!

Now I'm going to peddle my pennies back some more for a tranny and rear...and SB...and...Lol 

1 hour ago, JJhamitlon said:

Eric was kind enough to let me pick up yesterday, on a Sunday! The drive back was wonderful, wife in her SS lead the way.....most of the time...but the car drove smooth as silk. I actually like the way the DSS drive shaft makes the car feel...more direct and smoother. I swear it seems smoother than before. There is a little metallic hollow sound time to time at low speed,  it seriously nothing all that noticeable nor annoying. 

The ride into work this morning was an enjoyable smooth ride, akin to a GT car. I do feel as the car is much smoother feeling now. I'm happy to have her back! And again A2 Speed has been nothing but awesome to deal with, they have honestly went out of their way to help me and look out for me, it's almost like I'm part of the team, great feeling to know someone has your back and is there for you! Thanks again A2 team! A2 Speed has some really cool R&D going on Eric was kind enough to show me, really cool future coming our way in the Mopar community!

Now I'm going to peddle my pennies back some more for a tranny and rear...and SB...and...Lol 

JJ, i had that also it the drive shaft rubbing on the heat/noise protection under the car. You need to get under there and flatten that shinny stuff above the drive shaft. See Speedys write up of a dss install . at the 7 minute mark.

http://www.speedysgarage.net/challengerweb/challenger_mods/challenger_dss_1000hp_ds/challenger_dss_1000hp_ds.html

4 hours ago, CruzKing said:

JJ, i had that also it the drive shaft rubbing on the heat/noise protection under the car. You need to get under there and flatten that shinny stuff above the drive shaft. See Speedys write up of a dss install . at the 7 minute mark.

http://www.speedysgarage.net/challengerweb/challenger_mods/challenger_dss_1000hp_ds/challenger_dss_1000hp_ds.html

Hey I'll check that out, thanks!!

Made it down to Fayetteville track Sunday, with the 22” rims on Nitto 420s all I could muster was some sad 2.1 60’ and high 12s. Still had a blast, gotta get some different rims and tires ASAP! With the 60’ I was getting which were very inconsistent ( 2.1-2.6) with the same being trap speeds (105-109) I’m all over the map, I can’t even guess what it’s capable of (!) (?) but again I did have a ball all the same! Will try again very soon, just not sure if I can get rims and tires before my next venture...***Anyone want or know someone interested, will trade basically brand new 22” staggered ( 9”fronts/10.5 rears ) XOs for some more track ( and street ) friendly setup..let me know!!!

wtf you thinking.  geeeeez you are so ...um  well . Ok i can't even thinking what the fuck you are doing , with a new build.

those numbers were what i hatd in my stock  rt, with  minor upgrades.

GET YOUR ASS DOWN  2 TO THE ROCK

You and i can figure it out.

If i cant get you to 70 -80-   /- 60'S

Update. 

Dropped the car back off last Saturday to A2. Couldn’t pass inspections, kept failing due to “not ready” status for the O2 and catalyst. Also ran into the issue of leaning out in high rpms again for some reason. Not sure why this keeps coming up. Will be fine for a bit and it pops it’s little ugly head up again. 

Sold the 22” rims to a friend and got a set of 20” classics for now on the car. When it comes back home I’m going to get the inspection done of course, pop a fresh set of tires on and take a trip back to Fayetteville drag strip to see what my 1/4 will be with the smaller rims. Hopefully I can drop the ugly 60’ too! Not going to lie, little embarrassing running those times with the car last trip, hopefully I’ll get better at driving the car. I know ultimately I need DRs to get a real time but I’m hoping I can get low 12s or even high 11s with street tires....***What do you all think, is it possible, 11s on 20” streets???

On 3/25/2018 at 3:48 PM, JJhamitlon said:

Update. 

Dropped the car back off last Saturday to A2. Couldn’t pass inspections, kept failing due to “not ready” status for the O2 and catalyst. Also ran into the issue of leaning out in high rpms again for some reason. Not sure why this keeps coming up. Will be fine for a bit and it pops it’s little ugly head up again. 

Sold the 22” rims to a friend and got a set of 20” classics for now on the car. When it comes back home I’m going to get the inspection done of course, pop a fresh set of tires on and take a trip back to Fayetteville drag strip to see what my 1/4 will be with the smaller rims. Hopefully I can drop the ugly 60’ too! Not going to lie, little embarrassing running those times with the car last trip, hopefully I’ll get better at driving the car. I know ultimately I need DRs to get a real time but I’m hoping I can get low 12s or even high 11s with street tires....***What do you all think, is it possible, 11s on 20” streets???

JJ, i get you tube videos of  all these "fast" cars hellcats vetts, stangs, blower's etc. funny as hell watching, knowing they are on street tires with a piss poor burnout and get times in the 12's and up. . wtf y'all bought those cars (lots of $$) hellcats especially to be competitive. but to be in the high 11's or 12's.:(

if you get on the track get the right equipment ie tires ;).