Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JJhamitlon

Boost Is Coming!

349 posts in this topic

My advice is go to CF8 this month and see what shows and what goes.

My 2.8KB should be there running. Last time on the dyno it was at 699 to the tire and clicks off 10.5xs pretty regular.

KB & Whipples for the boys and Maggies & Eforce for the Girls hehe

My 2.8KB should be there running. Last time on the dyno it was at 699 to the tire and clicks off 10.5xs pretty regular.

KB & Whipples for the boys and Maggies & Eforce for the Girls hehe

See the KB just looks so freaking cool to me, it visual plays that part better than all the others. It also has a very unique sound...I know picking a power added due to sound and looks is not pro racer...but the car is for fun for me, and that's part of the fun isn't it?!!?

If a Magnuson product is even a thought, forget the TVS2300 and wait for the Vengance TVS2650.

TVS2300 is dame near decade old tech design at this point in time.

Sounds like you have your decision made!

Ha!! Every time is say that's it, 30 min later I'm like but...it's a good problem to have, knowing your doing it, knowing it's happening without a shadow of doubt...but the decision is really annoying! It's down to one of 3 so I have eliminated 1!! I just can't get my head around the EBlower..looks alone killed it for me...The Maggie and Whipple are my top choices, but I can't deny I love the look of the KB much more than the others..but I can't ignore the negatives I've "heard" about the KB, that scares me a lot, even if they are overstated rumors, every rumor has a basis in facts typically. It would be nice if each manufacturer had a test car you could check out!! How awesome ( and impractical for them ) would that be!

I really would not have thought it would have been this tough to decide when the day came...did everyone else go through this?

If a Magnuson product is even a thought, forget the TVS2300 and wait for the Vengance TVS2650.

TVS2300 is dame near decade old tech design at this point in time.

Checking that out now, didn't know about that !! Thanks for that!

*Edit: Looks like it's only available as an upgraded for the HellCat stock blower.

They will all be on display in Bowling Green in two weeks! 

It would be nice if looks didn't matter, but they do, if you like the looks of the KB, have you seen a polished Whipple? I think most shops prefer to deal with Whipple a KB has had a reputation of being hard to deal with for the independent shops. Little thinks like obfuscating the numbers on their injectors and such silliness, made them a no-go for me. 

My decision for the e-Force was made easier by the fact that my Techco needed replacement and I got in as a test mule with a GREAT price on the Edelbrock. I also prefer the looks of it and that it has an independent drive. I also don't have the coli covers which I think are a bit much. 

I would absolutely still be running my Techco if I had a choice!!!

14634155750_1bfd476692_c.jpg

Think about drivability A LOT.  You will almost certainly spend more time cruising around town than doing down the strip.  A bad tune, light switch blower, etc will take away from the driving experience A LOT and you'll be wishing you'd left the car a lone.  I've seen it way too many times.  You should def consider coming to CF in two weeks and take a ride in some folks cars.  That'll help make the decision clear.

**Looks much better without the added covers Shark!!

Think about drivability A LOT.  You will almost certainly spend more time cruising around town than doing down the strip.  A bad tune, light switch blower, etc will take away from the driving experience A LOT and you'll be wishing you'd left the car a lone.  I've seen it way too many times.  You should def consider coming to CF in two weeks and take a ride in some folks cars.  That'll help make the decision clear.

Yeah and I know your 100% right, from what I've been told Maggie ( and Eforce ) are the only two that will not give me light switch boost...that's unfortunate...**I would love to go down the Bowling Green, but the funds prob won't allow such a venture.

**Anyone here living with light switch boost??

Back to back runs showing time of runs with my KB

post-728-14918600628749_thumb.jpg

post-728-1491860102771_thumb.jpg

Time slips at a different track rental

post-728-14918604323664_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the Edelbrock without covers, as well as the 6.1 tuner kit with independent drive and a LMI intake. You should not need a second catch can, I only use that at the road course when we are beating on it for long stretches. I normally run a vent instead. Please disregard the filth, My car is far from a show car and if you run these beasts on a road course or standing mile, chances are you will blow off coolant at some point and it makes a mess! :)

I may have some pics of others cars with other blowers as well, but I am sure you've seen them. 

IMG_0049_zpsdnndpxam.jpg

It does look much better without the extra covers! Please post those pics, heck I've already said looks are important to me, and having several pics lined up of dif applications only makes it better!!

I wanted a whipple but they wasn't around when I decided this path

The magnuson idler set up is a pc of shit. Poor design. For as much money as this cost you should not have to shim the idler brackets or power steering pumps to have the belt track correctly. I have as well as a lot of others so keep that in mind also.

Here is minee0d2401228e06c827805769b301d3c59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart to do your research and have a plan.  A lot of people get tripped up without doing both so you're on a good start.

When the Whipple came out, I did think I'd prefer it over the Magnuson, however who have we seen really run a number with a Whipple?  They've been out for a while now and still not anyone I know of doing any better with it.  I've also heard there are some drivability challenges.  That's 3rd person rumor so take it for what it's worth.

What I can tell you is the Maggie won't disappoint.  They are easy to tune, run well, are reliable, and got my car in to the 10s as a manual trans car.  IATs were always good even at 16psi.

I'd narrow your search down to either Whipple or Magnuson and buy the one that you can get for the best price.  KB should be marked off the list for a whole lot of reasons.

These superchargers like air, so plan on a CAI at a minimum.  I gained 30RWHP with that.  I'd also suggest a 90mm TB and snout and have that included in your package as your tuner tunes it.  The 90mm can be tricky to get right and best to have it included up front.

Let me know of any questions and I'll try to help.  Come to ChallengerFest in two weeks and see these setups in person.

Ok, I am finally in a position to comment authoritatively on this now that I have the whipple / hellcat shortblock fully integrated and almost completely dialed in. 

I can tell you the drivability associated with the 2.9 Whipple, Comp 274 and 90mm TB is damn near OEM.  The throttle is linear, transition to boost completely smooth and progression to WOT very controllable.  Torque is just everywhere you want it when you want it.  Besides AJ's spot on tuning, the other major factor whipple has in its favor is the HUGE bypass integrated into the entryway allowing that control and transition to be controlled. 

No bullshit this thing drives as smooth and nice as my NA head/cam 300C.   After going through NA, Novi 1200, YSI V7, Kenny Bell 4.2 combinations one of them ever came close to this.  Trust me on this, I am a picky MF'r when it comes to drivability.

IATs are very reasonable so far.  With that said, I have a huge advantage with the drag pack manifold/intercooler package which is easily double the size of the standard whipple intercooler.  IATs are typically at +20 degrees above ambient, unless its stop and go heat soak will bring them to 85-90deg and level off.  With the Killer Chiller set up I integrated, cooling the intercooler coolant with the A/C system, I actually see my IATs drop slowly as I got WOT. Example, while cruising and then doing a 3rd gear WOT run from 2500rpm to the 6500 shift point IATs went from 85 deg at start to 81 at shift point in 65 deg ambient air.  This set up is the real deal brothers.

Last datapoint is 06300SRT8's 2.9 powered 300C which was at ATCO last year.  9.84 @139 on pump gas and meth inj.  Booooom!

http://www.lxforums.com/board/power-adders/389661-pb-whipple-9-84-139-a.html

If it seems as if I am a fanboy all of a sudden, its because I have finally found a combo I am in love with allowing me to  "have my cake and eat it too".   :)

Hope that helps,

Chris

IMG_20170409_185834_zpsjkqjcsxd.jpg

Great info Chris! That's what I've been hearing from most Whipple owners. I saw a H/C Charger with a 4.5 Whipple go 211.4 at the Mile the other day without any drama.

I've just been posting info about my E-Forcefor the info. I would do a Whipple in a heartbeat, but we are very close to our current goals so I really want to try to hit my 190 and make a pass in the 10's before going back into the rabbit hole (again).

Come to ChallengerFest in two weeks and see these setups in person.

They will all be on display in Bowling Green in two weeks!

^^ good advice. I went to ChallengerFest 3 specifically to visit with several different people about their satisfaction with the blowers they were running.  I had no regrets with the blower, I did have some regrets with who I purchased it from.  Got great advice in person on the blowers, got horrible advice relying on forums as far as the vendor was concerned.  Lesson learned.

As has been suggested, come to ChallengerFest 8, there will be plenty of blower owners there you can visit with.  I went with Magnuson and have been totally happy. 

10995876774_783d5fb70c_b.jpg

like my maggie, 10.5 lbs of boost  , 600 rwhp and 696 lbs of tq... not sure whats going to happen this coming weekend as i may just take it easy to learn how to.

folks make fun about the looks of the maggie, but i think it looks great in my car. would i buy something else  and increase the Hp ?... no. i don't have the funds to replace all my other . stock crap. I'm thinking this will be fast enough.  Yup said that before... B)

Well I've basically ruled out the Kenne Bell and the Eforce. I'm left with deciding between the Whipple and Maggie....I've had some good advice sent my way from some people I know....know what they are talking about and it would seem these two fit my plans best ( the Eforce does too & all info has been extremely positive, but my taste...).

The Whipple I personally like the looks best, but has the least amount of info. It does seem to make very good numbers and from my understanding from a couple of well known and trusted vendors said the tuning is on point with drivability at my level, and Hemi C got OEM drivability even with a 274 cam!! . So it's at the top right this second.

Very close second is the Maggie. It's proven by all shadows of doubt. Everyone that has one has ETs to prove it's ability. There has been very few issues with the actual installs though Champ isn't the only one I've heard that had pulley alignment issues, and over multiple platforms. Tuning is, and I'm quoting more than one vendors words exactly "spot on, you can't get better drivability". So I can't ignore the overwhelming popularity and positive reviews of a proven platform.

So it's still a challenge for me, but I'm getting some great advice and help along my way...more importantly I'm getting educated. Thank you all for that, and please if you have any advice along my journey it would be more than appreciated!

300srt forged 6.1 heads/cam, 2.9L Whipple built by Erik@BFNY tuned by AJ and Erik. I don't have light switch effect, i enjoy driving the car, road trips racing with no surprises. 925bf8a6da7ecdb82833a634c59ca442.jpg