Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JJhamitlon

Boost Is Coming!

313 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, mopar27028 said:

Arrington isn't the only show in Martinsville, if you haven't contacted A2Speed give them a shout.

Thats what i pm'ed him. had great support with them.

So I'm set up with A2, though the whole plan has changed!! Thanks Greg for the recommendation, so far A2 has been A+!!

New build plans:

Edelbrock 2650 tuner

HellCat injectors

Drop in fuel pump

80mm TB

Legmaker CAI

SRT headers & mids

Corsa Sport cat back

AFR & Boost A-pillar pod

custom tune

I think that's all!!

**If a little cam sneaks in somehow, I wouldn't be mad!!** 

No but seriously so far A2 has been very helpful, communication excellent, which is a big deal to me, talk to me, give me advice, tell me what I need, what the best route is, don't just sell me stuff, sell me your business. The impression I have so far is a company looking after a community not just a customers wallet...and good pricing for my project! Looking forward on how things progress, dropping off the car tomorrow!!!

y'all have to give us updates on your build, there is a build thread area. Good luck, and want to see all the dynos BEFORE and AFTER.

Get a base so you can see what your $$ went for, just sayin.

19 hours ago, CruzKing said:

JJ Did you ever hear from Arrington?

Not a peep, like they dropped off the face of the planet....

But that's ok, A2 has the car now, getting more for my $ too! And they will be doing a base line dyno for comparison 

yup moving up north from what i hear on another forum.  glad JJ didn't bring his car there. basically selling the name / good will/ and some equip.

I hope folks that have cars there can make out OK.

When i had stuff there they treated me very good, hate to see them go.

43 minutes ago, CruzKing said:

yup moving up north from what i hear on another forum.  glad JJ didn't bring his car there. basically selling the name / good will/ and some equip.

I hope folks that have cars there can make out OK.

When i had stuff there they treated me very good, hate to see them go.

Me too, both,  glad I didn't end up with a company with unknown future and really hope the car owners are made whole...scary thought with you ride sitting on rough seas.

But I'm also really happy I ended up with A2. I wasn't too keen on the Eforce,  but really like the idea of using the new 2650 ( it looks much. better & im thinking perform better ) curious on the outcome, can't find much on the webs about the blower. Guess we will all know soon enough!

Never done a previous dyno, it ran 13.47 1/4...only mods Mopar CAI and custom tune done by HemiTuner, oh reso delete. My base dyno I'd waiver 330 maybe...I don't know where they are going to start on PSI, I'd assume 6-8 psi...

After all is done, kinda hard to guess...all my research shows it can be all over the map with these cars ( and dyno(s) ). I've seen everything from 495-550rwho and the same with tq. I hoping to see at least 500rwhp and the same tq.... I welcome all guesses from you guys!! And your opinions about the build plans...I got to say, I like everything. Stuart a good guy and knows his stuff, enjoyed meeting him. 

Funny story, my mom wanted to go. While Stuart was walking my wife and I around the shop showing us thier current builds, we are standing between two 800+ rwhp builds and she asks Stuart "So do you guys build actual race cars?" She is used to seeing fiberglass bodies and sponsor decals, that's a race car to her! And she really liked that South Korean truck they are tuning! I let Stuart explain that one, it's actually impressive someone took the trouble to send it all the way across the ocean for A2 to tune.

Greg check out for me, tell me what you think about the rims!! lol

Update! 

The guys at A2 got my ride on the dyno for basline numbers

355rwhp@ 5200rpm     398rwtq@ 4500rpm

Nothing to write home about, but I would say that's not bad at all for a 345ci with only a CAI & custom tune ( by Hemi tuner, Sean ). That's strong numbers through an automatic, and would have been way more fun in something with less weight. Now to see how far the wick gets turned up!

On a side note, question! Can the stock axles, and rear handle a DR launch with the mods I'm doing? I'm thinking no, but I'd like to hear from you guys that know.

Well axles. Iffy. Probably not. Rear end. Either a stock rear end at 12-1400 or a g force/dss / someone else makes one they are modified ford 9inch and u have to get there axles for that rear end all together 6-7000 bucks.
Already been down that road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, us1champ said:

Well axles. Iffy. Probably not. Rear end. Either a stock rear end at 12-1400 or a g force/dss / someone else makes one they are modified ford 9inch and u have to get there axles for that rear end all together 6-7000 bucks.
Already been down that road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So stock Dif with axle upgrade will survive? 6-7k isn't going to happen! I'd be cheaper going HC rear swap wouldn't it? Actually that would mean custom driveshaft too wouldn't it? Or what about a Getrag swap from a manual?

well my car is just under 700 to the wheels..  i don't drag race. but my stock getrag took out the pinon bearings at 14,000 miles on the car. again never been to a track.

i have a dss 1 pcs shaft.   hellcat swap.. kinds..  remember when you do that. break lines are different.. abs sensor lines won't work ( length ) and the parking break cable may be different as well.. and yes. custom drive shaft also..

the aftermarket 9" i spoke of the drive shaft and axles is part of the 7 grand... but still ridiculous for what it is.  

i just bought a new getrag.. i can install  like 6 of them for the price of that. it is hard to jusify that kind of cash for a street car..  i went ahead and plunked down the coin for the dss axles this time.. 

i am SPENT OUT lol

The stock getrag lived in my 6 speed the entire time I had it, raced it, and is still serving the new owner.  Never had any problems with that, but then I also avoided wheel hop like the plague.

Stock axles definitely upgrade as well as the drive shaft.

1 hour ago, Speedy said:

The stock getrag lived in my 6 speed the entire time I had it, raced it, and is still serving the new owner.  Never had any problems with that, but then I also avoided wheel hop like the plague.

Stock axles definitely upgrade as well as the drive shaft.

What RPM were you launching at? Just curious how far to push it

Things are coming along, A2 are thrashing it out! The blower is in, exhaust is getting done...won't be too much longer! My not be to par with the big builds I see here, but I'm excited! 

Really curious on how the 2650 will perform, even though it's a low boost build curious to compare to like builds with the 2300 and twin screws. May not be enough boost to really get a sense of the potential for the new model, but should still be interesting. Magnuson doesn't look like they are going to let thier 2650 out for none HC for awhile...if ever (?).