Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JJhamitlon

Boost Is Coming!

225 posts in this topic

Hey JJ, go for 600 rwhp then you will be close to a Cat ((690) hp.

yes what is your TQ and at what rpm.????

Hope it works out for you , i see another A2Speed car in the 10'S.B)

44 minutes ago, CruzKing said:

Hey JJ, go for 600 rwhp then you will be close to a Cat ((690) hp.

yes what is your TQ and at what rpm.????

Hope it works out for you , i see another A2Speed car in the 10'S.B)

I'm kinda amazed the car made 540 ( well actually 539.5, can I have a 1/2 hp?!) ! I found recently posted on YouTube an SRT8 with long tubes & Edelbrock 2650 running 7psi made 556rwhp. Getting up early in the morn to pick it up!

:o hope they did you great, at least you didn't have to wait 6 or 10 months to get it done like some of the other builders.  I'm thinking that after my build at A2S, is getting hungry. Eric and son and all the other guys who work on one car at a time and get it done is a great way to do business.

BTW the Dodge charger rt is gone:wacko: but the wife has a beautiful Toyota highlander.. She did say something to me as we picked it up (don't mod MY car),

little does she know. *ninja*

1 hour ago, CruzKing said:

:o hope they did you great, at least you didn't have to wait 6 or 10 months to get it done like some of the other builders.  I'm thinking that after my build at A2S, is getting hungry. Eric and son and all the other guys who work on one car at a time and get it done is a great way to do business.

BTW the Dodge charger rt is gone:wacko: but the wife has a beautiful Toyota highlander.. She did say something to me as we picked it up (don't mod MY car),

little does she know. *ninja*

Yeah A2 jumped on it and went at it until finished, really good turn around. Even had some issues come up out of thier control ( cracked wheel spacer, bad dampner, no catch can with kit, 6psi pulley sent with tuner kit, ) then had some extras added in the middle and with thier help solved them each with no fuss keeping on schedule 

Pit stop by Waffle House on the way home.

Perfect drivability so far, very linear, no light switch effect at all! Eric meet us this morning and went through everything. These guys nailed it!!

5 hours ago, CruzKing said:

track time will tell the whole story.  Eric is easy to work with .

did you get an A2S hat and shirt?........neither did I.:rolleyes:

Eric didn't even offer a t-shirt or hat, pretty sure they are reserved for the HellCat motor owners club!! 

My wife and I had a blast today taking turns driving back from Virginia. Even when we made it home, went back out for a bit. Had a chance for a quick 1/4 pass (1 only)...went from 13:71 @106 to 13:15@113 starting in 2nd gear and riding throttle for traction, there's more there I believe even on street tires. 

Drivability was great, a little hesitation here and there which I'm sure after data logging Eric can sort out, nothing at all bad. Check engine code had to be cleared once on the street, misfire. This only happened once and while "playing". AFRs stay around 14.3-14.7. 

Fun day, very happy and impressed with A2!

***Update***

Got up early went to a local car meet, cold start was rough threw misfire code again, cleared and carried on.

Car still running good, is a little stumble or hesitation here and there. Will have to data log for Eric to fine tune, but nothing bad enough to make driving unpleasant. On boost AFR stays 14.0-14.7, and rips. 

Have noticed boost is spiking on up to 10 sometimes briefly, even seen 11 for a millisecond. 

The bad, on the way to the meet my power steering pump decided to die, figures! *Anyone with info on a better priced one, please let me know. $800+ is a lot for a PSP!! 

Eric is going to have Stuart send me the Dyno for everyone, which I'm sure they are going to post it on FB sometime this week. 

I also forgot about the accessory belt routing, I'll post a pick tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, SmallBlockMuscle said:

I would quit driving it if that’s true and get the tune revised 

Really, Eric said 14.7 was perfect....

6 minutes ago, SmallBlockMuscle said:

Maybe for cruising light throttle but not wot

Well shit, cruising it does stay at around 14-14.7, pretty sure that's where it's at WOT, now maybe I'm not right and will have to check. I was thinking around 12.4 would be right. Eric may have been talking about cruising.

when I let off throttle and coast it leans way up. **I have gotten misfire codes 3 times now, also noticed my boost gauge has hit 9-10 a few times and even glanced a 11psi for a millisecond 

get back there, and get it fixed,  on boost you should be near 11 on normal driving 14 - 14.4  is correct.

i would be very surprised if they let a car out of their shop with 14, at boost..

Might want to check the plugs if your boost is that hi and your at 14 on your af. Could explain the misfire codes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJ, PM sent.

This blower is a new and very advanced design, so the need for some tweaking is not unexpected. 

On the AFR, the PCM commands 14.7 in closed loop, once the vehicle is at operating temperature, which is stoichiometric AFR for gasoline. At WOT you should be seeing 11.5 to 11.8. This build was 11.6 to 11.8 @ WOT on the dyno, boost was 7 - 8 lbs. 

If you are seeing 12.0 WOT/AFR or above we need to look at it again. DO NOT make WOT runs with the AFR over 12.0 on a stock motor.

2 hours ago, V3rbal said:

JJ, PM sent.

This blower is a new and very advanced design, so the need for some tweaking is not unexpected. 

On the AFR, the PCM commands 14.7 in closed loop, once the vehicle is at operating temperature, which is stoichiometric AFR for gasoline. At WOT you should be seeing 11.5 to 11.8. This build was 11.6 to 11.8 @ WOT on the dyno, boost was 7 - 8 lbs. 

If you are seeing 12.0 WOT/AFR or above we need to look at it again. DO NOT make WOT runs with the AFR over 12.0 on a stock motor.

Eric posted this and then called me this morning to get the car and fix the issues. 

***The guys called me, amazing service. I'm simply blown away at how dedicated A2 has been! They are actually coming to get the car. I've dealt with performance shops before that once you roll out your on your own...it's a wonderful feeling to know your shop has your back!!! Thank You A2, Eric and Stuart, thank you!!

Sounds like they are taking good care of you. It is refreshing to see that there are still some companies that give a shit these days.

1 hour ago, us1champ said:

Sounds like they are taking good care of you. It is refreshing to see that there are still some companies that give a shit these days.

I was honestly shocked getting that call, it's sad that I would be...but also a welcomed suprise showcasing a company with integrity 

Quick update, JJ did a video he could replay later, looks like the AFRs at WOT are fine but the boost is higher then we'd like to see on a stock 5.7, so we are doing a pulley and touching up the tune.

I kinda figured he wasn’t looking at the gage when wot because it’s actually hard because your holding on concentrating on driving not wanting to take your eyes off the road under boost.

2 hours ago, Renfrick1 said:

I kinda figured he wasn’t looking at the gage when wot because it’s actually hard because your holding on concentrating on driving not wanting to take your eyes off the road under boost.

Absolutely correct, though it may feel like you had time to quickly glance over, the recording shows just how quickly time moves past your eyes without you knowing it!

save the smaller pulley,,you will need it when you put the hellcat block in.

Eric and another guy came down to my house to do some tweaking. and took it back to A2S and then delivered it when it was finished. 4 1/2 hours each way.

A2S doing things right.;)