Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JJhamitlon

Boost Is Coming!

225 posts in this topic

Just meet Don and Luke, they are taking the car back to VA for some TLC. Again can't say how much I appreciate them standing behind thier work. I know where I'm sending my friends and where I'll be coming back.

Update:

Car still in VA, Eric called said the new injectors I guess are bad. New, new  ones an the way and apparently an O2 sensor debacle of some sort has also been found and being worked out. Hopefully it'll get home soon and be good to go..

who's idea was this again lol 

lol......it was nice to meet you. Glad you are happy with the service and once you get your car back you should be able to really enjoy it. I know I am

Fixed for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, CruzKing said:

sweet, you got numbers?

Eric said he was going to strap it back on tomorrow if possible, but at least before it heads back for a dyno graph. It of course won't be the original 540 it was, Eric said it'll be a bit less than 500 with the new tune, less timing, and less psi.  

I want as much as I can get, but drivability and long term safety is more important for now, at least until I can swing that HellCat short block eventually, hopefully, one day, maybe...actually this HellCat short block swap thing is a sweet deal from what I've seen it makes cars too fast!! lol 

2 minutes ago, Speedy said:

That should be a fun street brawler.  What all did they change other than tweaking the tune?

Pulley swap, bad injectors, it was spiking to 10-11 psi. And this run was with 20" rims instead of the 22" currently on the car

Sweet, get the boost down to around 7-8 I'm guessing?  What size pulley did it take to get it there and what was the original size?  I think you're kind of the path blazer on the 2650 at present.

42 minutes ago, Speedy said:

Sweet, get the boost down to around 7-8 I'm guessing?  What size pulley did it take to get it there and what was the original size?  I think you're kind of the path blazer on the 2650 at present.

Yeah now its at 7 psi 3-1/2 inch ( pretty sure ) and original was 3". Issue was on the dyno it was running a constant 7 psi with the 3" but street it would spike. 

Far as I know I am the only 5.7 with the 2650...I know RDP has a 392 ( Lower numbers than me...)  on YT and of course the HellCat motor A2Speed did.

congrads,  now in three weeks we (MSHS) will be at ATCO track in NJ. you just need to go and take it down the track.. JJ hope to see your beast run. 

586 is a lot of TQ + lotd of fun.

3 minutes ago, CruzKing said:

congrads,  now in three weeks we (MSHS) will be at ATCO track in NJ. you just need to go and take it down the track.. JJ hope to see your beast run. 

586 is a lot of TQ + lotd of fun.

I won't be able to make NJ, but I plan on hitting the track in a couple weeks locally or sub locally that is....

The tq is amazing to me, never would have imagined it making so much...I'm stoked!

2 hours ago, Speedy said:

The first pulley was a 3.2"; showed 8 lbs on the dyno but was spiking to 10 - 11 on the street. So we backed up to a 3.4", and loaded the $*** out of the dyno to extend the pull. We are seeing 7 lbs with spikes to 8 at the top of the run. (IATs 25 to 30° over ambient!). I've got the car at home tonight, doing some street pulls to be sure we've got a leash on this beast. Revs so quick, 1st gear is pretty much a vestigial organ at this point...

2 hours ago, V3rbal said:

The first pulley was a 3.2"; showed 8 lbs on the dyno but was spiking to 10 - 11 on the street. So we backed up to a 3.4", and loaded the $*** out of the dyno to extend the pull. We are seeing 7 lbs with spikes to 8 at the top of the run. (IATs 25 to 30° over ambient!). I've got the car at home tonight, doing some street pulls to be sure we've got a leash on this beast. Revs so quick, 1st gear is pretty much a vestigial organ at this point...

Save some tire for me lol 

Let me say I can't even express how great my experience has been with A2. Yeah there were some hiccups, but I knew that was a possibility being an early adopter...and even those issues weren't something I'd blame A2. They have exceeded my expectations by far,  when I went into this I had actually almost traded it in on a CTS-V, I'm so glad I didn't now!

I was expecting between 480-500 and the same in torque and was going to go with a Whipple or Maggie, A2 turned me to the Edelbrock 2650 and guided what supporting mods to compliment the system. I didn't get that kind of advice and support from my last build. I'm not happy Arrington is down but if it hadn't been for that ( and Gregs recommendation ) I wouldn't have had the opportunity to see what A2 was about.

As an example my last build ( mustang ) was built by one of the biggest names in Ford performance ( at the time ), full build..I spent more money, made less power ( and especially torque ) and had way more issues that were definitely thier faults ( like an MSD system that the wiring looked like a spider nest I personally had to fix, or the Auto Gauge tach that was installed on the side of the instrument bezel so it could vibrate enough to break the plastic and fall off during a 1/4 run). There's much more, over torqued rocker stud that broke and almost cost me a motor, I had to show them how to install a Spec 3 clutch !!!...I could go on and on, no exaggeration! 

***I'm definitely an A2 fan and they will be apart of all future plans with the car. I've already got 3 other people planning to go see them for thier plans, and I'm going to send them as many as I can because I believe in them, that means a lot to me. It's a lot of money to spend, so it's nice to know someone has your back like this....Thank You A2 Speed!!

Hiccups, i think, are part of the build process, i had mine but Eric and crew stayed with it until it was fixed.

i had the same support(and hiccups) when arrington did my initial build, wait Eric &  Don, were there and don't forget about AJ.  Those are guys you can trust to do their best. .

On 9/25/2017 at 6:57 PM, us1champ said:

Can u get a good pic of the belt drive system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't forgotten about you, I'll be sure to get a pic posted when I get back home. 

Sitting here waiting to get ready to head that way and pick up the car, doing some reflection! I've went full circle with this adventure! I went from wanting a KB, to Whipple, absolutely shunned Edelbrock and Maggie, then to KB can suck it, to damn Whipple I'll take the Maggie or Edelbrock! **What a roller coaster**

4 hours ago, CruzKing said:

What a day!! We left real early and made the trip up th A2, picked up Delilah which ran silky smooth otw back, I mean almost stock...until boost awoken the evil within! 

Well, we rushed back toward our home actually passing the house to Decon Jones in Smithfield N.C so we could pick up my wife's new ride...a mint fully loaded 2010 2SS with get this...only 8100 miles on the odometer!!! We just made it home and we are going to bed and sleep off some of this exhaustion!! Till the morn!!

http://2gvqwdk.jpg