Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SRTgreasemonkey

Tob clearance

1 hour ago, SmallBlockMuscle said:

Have you looked at the videos and sheets on the Ram clutches site? I referenced that for my Mcleod install. Their techs are not helpful

Yes i did. I just wanted to make sure cross referencing those specs was ok

1 hour ago, SmallBlockMuscle said:

I ended up adding a small spacer behind mine even though my measurements checked out. I had to return my first McLeod because it was junk but this one seems good 

As did I. I'm not even done with my break in and head started getting issues putting it in any Gear with the vehicle running so I pulled everything out and the first plate welded itself to the pads. And the wear marks on the pads are not even some are high and some are in the middle of the pad

They told me they thought mine had been dropped. There was an odd dent in the side of it on the mounting plate. Hopefully this one holds out, it was a major headache the first time. I think I can pull the trans and clutch blindfolded now with how many times I did it. 

Me too lol ive had mine in and out 3 times this week. Was a hassle just getting mcleod to send me a return label. Took 3 days to get it via email. Missing out on 3 races already. Oh well. Good thing its under warrenty

When I installed the RPS in mine the first time I had an issue with putting the trans in gear with the car running as well.  I ended up shimming the throw out bearing close to 3/8 of an inch to get it to work correctly.  As the clutch has worn, it has become a little more difficult to get in gear while running.  Trans is out now for another issue, so I will add a bit more shim to make it work again. 

Oh, I have a special 2 piece main shaft available if anyone is looking for one.  lol

Trans.jpg

trans2.jpg

Unfortunately another 600 is not in the budget anytime soon. I haveny even had the clutch in long enough  attempt a WOT shift before it fused and had to be pulled and sent back.

On 5/1/2017 at 4:38 PM, RobbyD said:

This is the McLeod throw out bearing OST Dyno sells. I have it, but have not installed it yet.

Mcleod throw out bearing.jpg

Thank for the nice picture of our product! Do you mind if I save that off for future use?

On 4/30/2017 at 8:21 PM, 426hemicuda said:

Is there a link to that thread? The search function on here cant find itself much less anything you ask it to search for. :D

modernmoparforum.com***/topic/18268-how-to-make-your-6-speed-wot-shift/

Remove the three asterisks. The new forum format thinks I'm posting a post quote when I link the thread.