Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dwhip

PO463 fuel level code after pump install

Hi I had the MMX/Fore single fuel pump installed not too long and my fuel gauge only reads 1/4 to 1/2 full when it's full and I got a PO463 fuel level sensor code. Someone suggested that the pick up wires may have crossed and the leads may need flipping or I may need a new leveling sensor. If I need a new sensor would I be able to get one of a used 2.7, 3.5 fuel pump? Or must it be from a 5.7 or 6.1/6.4 fuel pump?

I haven't taken it back to the shop but that's what I'm thinking it maybe. Would I be able to get the float off a stock pump?

The float module does indeed come off the stock pump. I recently had the same issue and took it apart to find that the way I had wiring it had physically restricted the movement of the float.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Hemi~C~ said:

The float module does indeed come off the stock pump. I recently had the same issue and took it apart to find that the way I had wiring it had physically restricted the movement of the float.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information! This was the pump on the left/driver side?