Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

GARRETTECH

WHERE TO GET SWITCHED POWER ON 2015+

Does anyone have a good place to pick up a switched power supply.....besides the charging outlet on the passenger side of the console. On the 2014 and older models was the handy 'diesel; fused outlet in the engine compartment fuse box, but this fusebox is totally different. I am looking to mount a cirkitboss in the engine compartment like I did on my old car and use that to add a shift light, and a gauge or 2. So basically, I want Speedy's video of installing the cirkitboss and gauges, except for the new car Any info/ideas are greatly appreciated

thanks Speedy. I also see there are a bunch of empty fuse spaces in the box. I looked them up because I was thinking of trying an add a fuse to find the amps etc, and in the owners manual there are a few just labeled spare and a few labeled 'police something'. On the inside of the box lid they all just say spare if they are empty. It is this weekends mission to get the shift light in at the very least, whether the CB is in or not....but I will be poking around electricity tonight to see if any of the empty slots have power source and if they are switched. Thank you for replying

Keep in mind some only get power with the engine running.  Ideally I'd find one that gets power in acc without the engine running.  Multimeter should make short work of finding one.

well, I really didn't want to go the power outlet route. And the nice thing about the cirkit boss is it has the 3 spare fuses, already has a relay....even someone as electrically challenged as me can hook that up. Maybe there are better places in the trunk fusebox that are controlling less vital things. Havent really checked there. Or maybe just tap the power outlet with the cirkit boss and mount it under the dash instead of in the engine compartment or trunk. After all, the shift light and any gauges are all in the cabin anyway, might make things easier in the long run if a good place can be found

On the 09's:  We can reposition a fuse in the trunk to make the console outlet either switched power or always on power.  It is the fuse with 3 slots.  

I moved that fuse to make the console outlet full time power.  I took a fuse tap blade pushed it into the now open, single slot (switched power), and ran that wire up to my dash to run my trinity and Innovate LM-2.  It works well for me and gave me the result I wanted.