Welcome to Modern Mopar Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptRon

LED Tail, Brake and turn??

Anyone running LEDs on their 09s? How much brighter are they? Part numbers?

I'm running the sequential light kit from web electric. Would this create an issue for LED lights? I've got one bulb burned out and thought I'd replace them all with LED if I can.
2009 R/T Challenger.

I don't know but i have another question....will the later model tail light assembly bolt in directly in my 09? The newer style is so much nicer!

21 hours ago, us1champ said:

No they won't you have to change the whole backend and it clips on in different spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole assembly looks like it has the same mounting points looking at them on ebay. $175 for right and left assembly and $350 for the center section. I think you may be talking about the actual lens. not the whole assembly?

You have to change the whole number / rear end housing from what I have read. I looked into this once

4 hours ago, us1champ said:

You have to change the whole number / rear end housing from what I have read. I looked into this once

I'll look into it more. May just order one side and see if it bolts in.

Looking at mine there is a filler panel all around the tailights. Early models are angled on the edge. Newer are rounded . That would have to be replaced if possible

I've seen a few people with 2015+ tail lights that kept their 2008-2014 bumper cover. Not sure what all is involved, but it's definitely possible. 

1 hour ago, chris1992 said:

I've seen a few people with 2015+ tail lights that kept their 2008-2014 bumper cover. Not sure what all is involved, but it's definitely possible. 

Been looking at parts online. I think all that has to be changed is the "surround panel" that snaps into the center because the outside edge is more rounded and not angled . Also the pig tail connection for the Led 2015 tailights is a 4 prong where mine is a 3 prong. Wiring Blah...I'm sure it's simple.

Pretty simple conversion except I don't know about the wiring. Kinda pricey unless I can find a wrecked one and snag all the parts for a deal.

I'm sure making your own wiring harness wouldn't be too bad once you've already got the lights.  I believe someone does have a prebuilt harness though, TrueStreetJim if I remember correctly?

CaptRon, back to your original question before your thread got hijacked.  It should work ok if a resistor is installed inline.  The led draws so little current the computer thinks the light is out and will hyper blink and code. The resistor will fix that.

1 hour ago, Surfer1420 said:

CaptRon, back to your original question before your thread got hijacked. 

It only took you a month to answer so I thank my hijack for getting you off your ass lol

Was close to getting a Hellcat but my suspicions were confirmed. I'll upgrade this car before I spend another dime to Fiat.